OLTL: Discussion for the week May 11

• Members

I never had a problem with Powell the hospital rapist. I always thought it was bullshit that someone could be "bullied" into gang-raping a woman and then everybody would hug him and take him back because he was "weally weally sowwy." To me, Powell's attitude was the most creepy and insidious; the weak, weepy male ingenue who just couldn't help but stick it in Marty. At least Todd was honest.

So when Powell turned out to be the rapist, I was completely unsurprised. It vindicated my opinion of the character, and I think OLTL had probably gotten feedback from people feeling the same.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I seem to recall a tender scene where Marty had to talk Powell out of suicide and tell him what a good guy he was. It was very elegantly written but I thought it was complete horseshit that she would do that.

• Members

That scene's on YouTube. It was well written but I thought it was unfair for Marty to have to forgive someone for raping her under penalty of death (even if it wasn't her own). Powell could have been an interesting character for years to come, so it's too bad he's become a mustache-twirling villain.

• Members

That's emblematic of all RC's sweeps. He's way too ambitious, having not only all his A stories converge and climax, but then throwing in another dozen or so subplots. None of them get the time and attention they deserve. It's too much to try to wrap up the serial killer and the baby switch plus do the parties, prom, avenging pimp, exhumation, Spring Fling invitations, deflowering, kidnappings, proposal, wedding, Pussycats etc all at once.

It would be better if he'd edit himself and do a few thing well instead of doing too many mediocre. It worked during his first sweeps wrapping up Higley, but hasn't since.

• Members

This Starr/Cole stuff sucks. "We keep thinking about our baby's body being exhumed, but we should really be congratulating our BFFs for going have sex for the first time!" It's time to replace Alderson with a more capable actress.

Powell? Zzzzzzzz

Ray and Dorian!!!!!!! They NEED to happen! The guitar-playing, the hushed-tones, the sweet nothings...I love it.

• Members

Wow, there's just a BUNCH of history nods with the Todd stuff today.....the rape and rapists of course, Todd's plastic surgery, Margaret Cochran....

But when did Powell get so protective of Marty? He went after everyone FOR Marty?

• Members

Langston and Markko :wub: :wub: Their first time is a thousand times more realistic and enjoyable than Starr and Cole's Deflow'ring o' Doom. I just hope that those tampered condoms don't get in the way.

Oh, and what's with the bad Guiding Light music in the background? They couldn't break out the Melrose Place guitar riffs for L/M's first time?

Jess and Brody are awesome together.

Lola could be interesting if Banus was a better actress.

• Members

Finally, crazy Lola admits it.

And I swear Jessica Kaye looks SO much like Tari Signor, I keep thinking of Margaret when I see her.

Interesting that we didn't see Roger Howarth in the flashbacks to the rape...just Zach and Powell, and unless that was Roger we heard a few times during the flashback(its been a long time since I've heard his voice, I don't watch ATWT), I could have sworn Trevor voiced over his lines.

Archived