OLTL: Discussion for the week May 11

• Members

Was the minister on Another World? He looked very familiar

Why the heck were the freshman allowed to go to the prom? Thats something for the seniors. This was like any regular dance. And they had the prom at the school. Most HSs rent out a place

Brody just happened to have his navy uniform at work? Um okay

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That navy uniform means Brody needs to start stripping. Then again, he strips every day as it is.

The minister was David Forstyh, ex-John Hudson, AW. I think back during JFP's reign of terror at OLTL, he claimed she offered him a job, but he turned it down, because he was so tired of hearing rumors about how close they were.

• Members

Why are people complaining about Brody's uniform? I don't care whether it made sense for him to have it work; I'm glad he had it! He can be an officer and a gentleman with me any day!

(Oh, God. Did I just say that?)

• Members

My school upgraded them downgraded. We had our prom and homecoming at the civic center my sophomore and junior years, but they decided to have it in the gym for my senior year. Ugh. It wasn't that bad, though...they utilized the space real well, and we also used the hallways adjacent to the gym for stuff too, so it worked. That thing that was on OLTL today was a hot mess.

• Members

It was no worse than Starr finding that prom dress, getting dressed, and fixing her hair and make-up in less than 5 minutes to go to the prom. Even funnier, they went to the prom when 'her' baby's body is supposed to be exhumed later the same evening. :lol:

But come on.....since when are exhumations scheduled for at night?

• Members

Nope.....Natalie said they should tell Bo that it should wait a few days for everyone to think it over some more.

Bo got a call from a judge while at Jared's bachelor party, and then told Michael that the judge said it could be done tonight.

• Members

I'm glad to see Powell back but is anyone uncomfortable with how it's handled? Carlivati has said he wants to remind viewers the rape wasn't all Todd but was these other characters. We get it. But Powell is always this sacrifical lamb of sorts--initially we had him be the one who was fully peer pressured by Todd into participating in the rape and the only oen to show full remorse. Yes he was still guilty but it made the whole issue more multifaceted not to just have the "bad guys" invovled in the gang rape but to show other sides.

Then they started to build up his character and then in one of my least fave stories of the era we had that STUPID serial rapist storyline (which felt very exploitive) and it turned out Powell was the rapist--this was all done to redeem Todd way back when of course as he discovered it.

Anyway I felt that ws an awful end to a character with potential and sent a weird mixed message that no one who did a crime could ever truly feel remorse. But whatever. Now he's back and he's some serial killing MASTERMIND. First of all apparantly none of his family EVR has visited him. Even Vicki, Vicki who forgives Todd for *everything* never once visited or worried about her family member Powell? Seems out of chraracter to me. And I dunno... nothing adds up for me. I like seeing him again but that's about it.

Archived