OLTL: Discussion for the week May 11

• Members

So Todd can't choose between his women. If there was ever a better example of how they have no idea where to go with him, I can't think of one.

The work from the women in this story is what has kept it afloat (with the exception of NotRebecca).

Markko and Langston are definitely one of the show's best couples at the moment. I'm almost glad they aren't one of the main couples because then Brian Frons would make us hate them.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He can fall in love with the gorgeous and manipulative Greg Sanders, the son of not-really-dead Jamie Sanders. Jamie kidnaps Marrko to take him over the falls, until someone tells him they already redid that story, so instead he rigs up a wedding cake to explode at the double wedding of Charlie/Viki and Jessica/Brody. Frons dictates that Dorian and Viki die, but someone tells him that Michael Easton refused to watch Being Erica, so the script is hurriedly rewritten to make John and Fish blow up. Fish throws himself in front of John, but that cake really, really hates John, and Fish is unharmed while John has massive internal injuries. At the last minute, Frons hears that Michael Easton is a big fan of Louisville Belles, or whatever it's called, and John is given a reprieve, as we find out Miles was impersonating John and the real John was spending time with his new mentor, Benjamin "Coach" Wade of Survivor fame.

Meanwhile, Judith Sanders returns as she heard Lee Halpern was back in town and was killed, but she wants to really make sure, as that *(&(% doesn't stay dead. She feuds with Dorian and battles Viki for Charlie's affections until, after 3 months, she is inexplicably fired because someone does not want to pay her travel expenses. Louise Sorel offers to pay all her own expenses, but she is still fired, as we learn that she refused to take a 150% pay cut, which would involve not only giving up her salary, but having the names of various Soapnet programs tattooed on her forehead.

• Members

There's a new clip up of Brenda and Gabrielle fighting over a letter. They're 40 stories up! which they let us know by screaming about this and letting us see a cutout of a highrise view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLGMGtEbBZo

Brenda has such a husky voice. For some reason I thought Brenda was demure, but she looks like she could give a beatdown. That gives an edge to the fight with Gabrielle.

Wasn't she one of those characters who just vanished when Linda Gottlieb took over? Or did she have an exit?

• Members

I think Brenda just split when she got sick of Larry and Dan Wolek fighting over her. Then, Dan Wolek left town with that mildly retarded girl.

No, she wasn't really. I'm just being mean.

• Members

When I watch the clips from back then, they're always very entertaining. This is probably because I'm only seeing selections, not the entire episodes. If I saw those I could understand why many were ready for the Rauch era to end. But the clips are a heck of a lot of fun, especially since most of the actors are so highly charged. The DuAnn clips are really fun, especially when Viki tears into her.

Is any of that rap storyline they had in 1990 online?

Vee, thanks. I thought I'd read she just walked away from the nurse's station one day and was never mentioned again.

Do you ever think they should bring Dan back?

• Administrator

I've never seen the gang rape scene, but quick flashes made me a little sick, so I don't think I'll ever watch the gang rape scene.

Powell still looks the same 15 years later. I thought the voice was Roger Howarth's.

• Members

I agree with half of your comment but I think it's a weird messgae to send--that no one can truly be repentent (*EXCEPT Todd I guess?) I still see the serial rapist story (which was wxploitive to the extreme anyway and unpleasant) as being done purely to redeem Todd. Yet again. I love the character of Todd but this endless redemption thing has to stop.

Archived