OLTL: Discussion for the week May 11

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Surely this Markko/Langston/Lola storyline would be better suited away from the confines of soap, in an unfettered eight-hour primetime miniseries.

Seriously, I like Langston and Markko but what? What?

Jack is great though.

• Members

Strasser has this amazing way of delivering PSA-like scenes without it sounding like a PSA. I loved the scenes where she talked to Langston last year about abortion (when she thought it was Langston, not Starr, who was pregnant), and I loved today's scenes with Langston. She really makes it seem natural, and the actresses are wonderful together.

• Members

Not too shabby for a "one-note actress", huh? (I'm talking about Pete Lemay's quote, of course.)

Seriously, the fact that Dorian once was a doctor, something RS has never forgotten about the character, might inform the way RS handles such material.

• Members

I keep wondering if Nelson Branco is going to trot that quote out as his latest Lemay scoop.

Strasser knows playing the occasional scene seriously just gives Dorian depth and reminds viewers Dorian truly does love her family. I always like her in doctor mode, like after Blair was stabbed. I'm sorry their attempts to put her back into the hospital never worked out. I'd at least like to see her on the hospital board, like the old days of ATWT when Lucinda would march into Oakdale Memorial and browbeat people by reminding them she'd had a wing built in the hospital, she was on the board, blah blah.

• Members

I haven't seen todays episode yet, but sounds like there was lots of Dorian which equals good show to me. Does anyone know how long TPTB plan on keeping Powell around for? The actor seems to have improved since his last stint in Llanview.

Archived