Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can't actually believe people are supporting her.  It might be a very hot take, but she willful drove around drunk out of her mind at 10 am.  Addiction is a very serious disease, but she put so many peoples lives at danger.  Obviously, I hope she finds peace and recovery but this is awful.  Just because she was really good on AW does not mean she deserves anything.  As someone who had a family member who was killed by a reckless drunk driver I just don't have any sympathy.

• Members

I have zero tolerance for drunk driving. When my cousin and I were both 19 she was killed by a drunk driver so close to her house that her family heard the accident.  When the driver was released  from jail after serving his time my cousin’s mother ran into him in a convenience store and he smirked at her.  This branch of my family has never been the same since the accident.  It’s unfair that my cousin never got to finish nursing school, marry her fiancé and live a long happy life.  However,  I can still feel empathy for a woman who was sexually abused as a child which lead to mental illness and substance abuse.  I hope she fully recovers and is finally able to deal with her demons. I also hope she pays legally and financially.  

Edited by Efulton

• Members

Thanks for posting. Checked the AW Homepage

JULY 22, 1965 (EP. #306)
Pat flashbacked to her days in Bedfordtown and related to Jim and Mary everything that happened to her there. She said that Mary's idea, that Liz drove her away by saying Pat should be sent to Europe until people forget what happened, was wrong.

Production Notes: "Bedfordtown again-composite of previous tape."
Notes: Tapes of the Bedfordtown sequence from EP. #269 and #270.
Alex and Karen Gregory's appearances in this episode were cut.

• Members

Oh, I think it's awful and sad, but it's also her own mistake and her own disease. That doesn't mean I want her burned alive lol. That's as far as I take it. She can live and pay the consequences of her actions.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah.  I don't want her burned alive either.  She definitely will pay the consequences for this and probably ruined her life and career forever.  I am just glad no one else was hurt because it could have been a lot worse.  I guess we technically don't know if she was drunk at this point although that seems like the obvious conclusion with the liquor bottle in her cupholder.

Sorry for your loss.  Perhaps I should feel more empathy for her.  This obviously wasn't a few too many beers at the bar on Saturday type of incident.  Anne seems to have a much more serious problem.  I am glad no one else was hurt and I hope she finds peace and recovery.  It's just one of things that will taint my opinion of her forever. 

• Members

I can't help but wonder if she is not going to survive this and by her own hand. If she was unable to handle whatever was going on before, everything in her life just got much, much worse. If she's burned as badly as they say she is, the physical and emotional trauma from that alone will be a tremendous struggle.

• Members

On her podcast she was saying she was having an awful day because her neighbors interrupted her meditation routine.  Obviously, that's a huge problem if that drives you to drink in the early am.  The amount of opiates that will be prescribed for the pain alone will most likely be problematic.  There is a chance she could turn this around for herself and make it a redemption story-which I hope is possible for herself and her children, but she clearly will need lots and lots of help.  It was just such horrible reckless behavior.   I am trying to empathize with the raw deal she was given as a child and her mental health struggles, but lots of people have awful [!@#$%^&*] happen to them.  She was a famous actress.  Hopefully this is a wake up call and she owns her behavior and works to fix herself.