Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember I enjoyed her rapport with Charles Keating.  Maggie was, at least initially, a good choice to be on Team Carl/Rachel when most of the family was opposed, since she had been so young/out of the country during most of his evil deeds.

Maggie and Tomas weren't bad for a teen couple.  That triangle with Angela was horrid, though.  Then, once that finally ended, they recast Maggie and, yeah, the character became unrecognizable in every sense.  Both of Robyn's replacements had success afterward so in hindsight it wasn't even their fault.

If they wanted to take Maggie in that direction and make it plausible, it could have been interesting if they tied it to Maggie's aforementioned alliance with Carl.  He could have encouraged her behavior, which could have caused friction between him and Rachel, etc.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

Plus Jodi O'Keefe was 16 playing 18 yo Maggie and she looked too young. I liked Lisa Brenner but they regressed Maggie back to May 1993 and she had grown so much with Tomas story and Robyn got a raw deal because of friendship with John Wayne Bobbit

• Members

JFP seemed to give Maggie the same treatment she gave many heroines - once the decision to make her mostly just exist for an FOJ hunk went down like a lead balloon with fans, she just threw the character away and moved on (with  Sofia essentially taking Maggie's place on the canvas while Maggie became a bitch).

I remember Eddie Drueding tearing into the Nick/Maggie/Tomas "triangle." Great stuff.

• Members

I'm very sorry to hear about Robyn Griggs. My grandmother was a fan of the NBC shows so I remember watching some of "Another World." Tomas and Maggie (as played by Robyn Griggs) stood out as did the triangle with Angela. It seemed very much like the Sami, Austin, and Carrie story on the show proceeding it, but there was something different. Tomas and Maggie seemed more relatable. I don't know if it Maggie's look (Griggs looked like the teenager girls my cousins were friends with) or the fact that Tomas wasn't a dunce (at least I don't recall him being as dense as Austin Reed), but there was something really nice about them. 

• Members

Thanks for the New Yorker piece.

Also:

Anna Stuart on AH's passing:
https://www.showbiz411.com/2022/08/18/exclusive-soap-actress-anna-stuart-talks-about-on-screen-daughter-anne-heche-she-is-truly-dancing-with-the-stars?fbclid=IwAR2_InKBfpYkb3JKUFEwo-K21zThqMQk0eetqYb3N-zASa4vK2KdMWbPs3E

BTW this must have been discussed already, but here's Sophia Landon doing a great job subbing for Anna Stuart:

• Members

Hmm, okay. I must have misremembered. I thought Robyn was just hanging out with John Wayne Bobbitt & some others of his group. But, they were an item, huh? (My fave, too.)

One of my oldest friends has just posted in my FB group to me that she & her husband know Robyn & her husband & shared good things about them. They live in PA & work there in professional theatre & Robyn worked there, too. Robyn was from their town. She talked about her husband, the golf pro, and how devoted he has been to Robyn. And, of course, about her last 2 yrs & how valiantly she fought but that she did not lose her great sense of humor! Apparently she had a little dog who was as devoted to Robyn as she to it.

I found out last week that Paul Michael Valley has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

And, I had been waiting to hear from Anna Stuart & she did not disappoint. She is so good with words & with feelings! And, they stayed so close. (I did not realize that AW was wooing Anna to come back while she was in H'wood.) I'm still in a "not okay" place about Anne. I'm a F'ANNE. But I'm trying to latch onto every positive tidbit I can find. My favorite articles besides Anna's now are the "stubborn incandescence" & the Roger Ebert website "review of career and life". I'm loving learning more & celebrating more Anne esoterica from her not knowing who Lindsey Buckingham was when she dated him (SO Anne!) to it being a serendipitous snowstorm that we have to thank for her being "found"!

I have just seen 2 brand new URLs for the "Call Me Crazy" audiobook. I have it & it's wonderful that it's Anne's voice. If anyone wants the links, I'll copy/paste them.

I was in a group of AW fans that were in touch with VW online & on the phone & she & CK were guardians & mentors to the Maggies & we did not like Jodi O'Keefe not one bit & they tried to get us to be good! She was just a long-legged model-wannabe with 1 trick - remain perfectly motionless draped on a sofa.

Edited by Tonksadora
Thought of 2 more things.

• Members

We're talking Maggie Cory Cecile's Daughter Right????? If yes I think Yes Robyn was the Strongest One, Not to Mention had a decent resemblance to her on-screen Parents, Robyn's Maggie had indeed the power to take the Throne away from Jensen Buchanan's Vicky