Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Right.  Lemay was not a fan of Jordan Charney's acting choices.  Perhaps a recast would have been a good idea, instead of writing off the character.  Lemay enjoyed writing for working-class characters, and keeping Sam in town would have given Rachel another foil to bring her down-to-earth, as she became the wife of another millionaire.   Also, since Sam was an attorney, Lemay could have written to Sam's internal conflict between his working-class roots and his upper middle-class income.  Like so many of AW's earlier characters, there was still a lot of potential drama in Sam Lucas.  

• Members

I posted a simplified version of My theory on Facebook but i believe This would be a better place to discuss it

DID IRIS CORY CARRINGTON BANCROFT WHEELER & ANOTHER WORLD INSPIRE DYNASTY?

It has bugged me a LONG time, but there's quite a few coincidences:

In 1972 Iris came To Town after Jet-Setting In Europe for Years, She decided she wanted Former Husband Elliot CARRINGTON back, But He Has Since Been Involved with His and Iris' Son's ,Dennis, Governess Alice Frame, A Young Lovely, Loyal, Blonde SweetHeart, who came from a Lower Social Level

Pin on Bye Bye Soaps

Then Came Mac and Rachel, When Her DADDY, decided To Marry a significantly Younger Woman, whom she considered a Gold Digger unworthy of Him she gave her Stepmother Hell, and Made everything in her Power To Break Then Up, as Well as Marrying a Loving Man who she didn't really appreciated until she basically lost him

Tribute to Soap Star Beverlee McKinsey on the Anniversary of Her Death — Another  World, Guiding Light Actor | Soaps.com

We Love Soaps: The CW Planning a 'Dynasty' Reboot With 'The O.C.' Producers  Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage

Now will you tell There's Huge Parallels Between Dynasty and Another World? Iris was Both Alexis AND Fallon! Not To Mention The similarity on those photographs

• Members

From IMDB (so I can't vouch for its reliability):

Esther and Richard Shapiro, the creators of DYNASTY, are friends of former head writer Harding Lemay. They not only named their family after Lemay's super bitch Iris Carrington, but the Krystle-Blake-Fallon triangle was borrowed heavily from the Rachel-Mac-Iris story. The Shapiros have also claimed they modeled Joan Collins' Alexis after the super glamorous Iris.

• Members

Harding Lemay talks about this Shapiros in this interview.

MLH: Well, you had a beautiful and extremely intelligent actress playing that part.  She preceded the Alexis character on DYNASTY.
LEMAY: Two prime time soaps took names from my characters.  The Ewings were on DALLAS; the Carringtons were on DYNASTY.

MLH: Sounds like the creators of these series watched ANOTHER WORLD.
LEMAY: Oh yes, the Shapiros, David and Esther.  I knew them.

https://iriswheeler.tripod.com/sodonline1997.html