Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I never watched AW really, and I'm sure it's buried within this board somewhere, but can someone give me a synopsis that is out there or description...even if you didn't watch AW, I know this is legendary because it's one of those things that everyone (or most people) who were soap fans just know about.  But what is the story/background on all of the speculation that happened about - someone lost a baby or the baby died or something, and a character picked up a pillow or doll or something and fans jumped at it, and pointed to it, bringing it up repeatedly - that she must have had twins.  There must be a 2nd baby by the way she coddled a doll or pillow.  I'm sure someone here knows.  What's the story or where can I read about it?

• Members

You may be thinking of Donna Love when Anna Stuart left in 1986. Her father Reginald had just come back to town and Donna ended up having a mental breakdown. Her last scene was being wheeled off in a stretcher where she was clutching pillows. Right before she left she picked up a third pillow and was talking about her children. This led people to believe that Donna was remembering she had triplets instead of twins, Marley/Vicky. Speculation was that Scott Lasalle, adopted son of Reginald and Mary (McKinnon), was Donna's son and had been raised by Reginald. When Philece Sampler came on as Donna, nothing ever came of that theory. 

I believe Anna Stuart has gone on record and said that grabbing the third pillow was never anything intentional (or in the script). She was just acting out the scene. 

Edited by Melroser

• Members

I'm thinking being locked in a secret room in the wine cellar as a teenager where you give birth, are forced to raise your baby as your sister, 18 years later find out you had twins and one was given away then a year later find out you actually had triplets may make a person go a little cuckoo.  On top of that your father returns from the dead to terrorize you and his assistant Gomez is drugging you. I would probably be hugging pillows and need a stay in a psych ward for a while,

Edited by Efulton

• Members

Snotty Donna was always the best.  But this was the beginning of "humanizing" Donna, which for a long term character was essential.  Plus the recast while OK, was not the same.  Donna had lost her "edge".  I am always an Anna Stuart fan, and understood as the years went on the sometimes frustration with where Donna was going.  But that's a soap opera.

• Members

I'm watching the end of 1980. I have so many comments. I want Aunt Liz to shut up. She's driving me bats! 

Joey is such a hothead. You poor guy, you married a rich woman. Poor thing.

I see where Rachel is coming from, but she is her own worst enemy. Lying to Mac is never a good idea. Was VW really pregnant at this point? If so, that child is now 42. Whoa that's a sobering thought.  

I understand that Miranda was supposed to be Iris 2.0. That was a mistake. This show alrrady had an Iris. It was creating Blaine and Cecil. It didn't NEED Iris 2.0. Rachel was doing just fine at blowing her own relationship. They could have made Miranda a more rounded and interesting character. We know JM can pull off rounded and interesting.

Can't stand Amy or Kit. But I am enjoying Rick. 

I keep telling myself, It's okay. Felicia is coming...

Edited by Marissa Gallant
Spelling