Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of Alice Barrett, she showed up on this week's episode of NBC's "The Thing About Pam" as a Dateline producer. Looks like she'll be in future episodes.

It's a testament to her that, as much as I loved Cass & Kathleen, I was still conflicted about who I wanted to "win" when Julie Osburn returned. 

• Members

I was a huge Cass and Kathleen fan as well. I loved that triangle but I grew to not want Kathleen back with Cass. I felt like she left him (yes, for reasons) and Frankie always had his back. Frankie hadn't done anything wrong, to sort of speak, and deserved that loyalty back.

• Members

I agree.

I know the writing for Kathleen after her return was understandably a sore point for many fans - clearly writers wanted us to root for Frankie/Cass and were nudging things that way and writing Kathleen not always in a very sympathetic manner.

But the truth is that even with more neutral writing, the underlying facts kind of favored Frankie.

• Members

Frankie worked best in scenes with her family (Sharlene, Josie, etc).. and with her best friend Ryan.  She and Cass didn't do anything for me at all as a couple.

By the time Depriest took over as headwriter, Frankie had been watered down so much.. that I didn't blame her for assuming Frankie was at fault and wrote her out.  

• Members

I actually liked Frankie, perhaps after Donna, my second favorite AW character.  No.  Donna, early Cecille and then Frankie.  I just was going down a YouTube rabbit hole and saw a scene where they referenced Joe and Nancy together and that Rachel didn't like Joe and Paulina starting out.  

• Members

Based on reading the synopsis it seemed pretty minimal. Liz talks to Susan about Rachel, and spends a certain amount of time urging Susan to socialize (and asking for Russ's help getting Susan out) in order to get over her break up with what's-his-name.   It was unclear to me whether Rachel and Susan had met when Rachel suggests fixing her up with somebody.  And there's a mention of another scene where Susan is with Alice when Rachel comes to the hospital for a pregnancy test. Apparently Susan and Alice roll their eyes when Rachel is overly confident that she will get a positive result.  I didn't notice anything else, but I didn't read into 1970.

• Members

Watched most of this episode from December 1981 and can't understand what anyone is thinking. Is Louise trying to poison Alice and Mac, or is her tea simply not to their taste? Is Alice so completely lacking in self-awareness that she thinks it is reasonable to be engaged to Mac while complaining to Steve that seeing him [Steve] talking to Rachel makes her jealous, or at least reminds her of when it made her miserable before?  I can perhaps understand Alice having that feeling. It's immediately confronting Steve about it that seems weird and inappropriate.  And with Amanda Rachel is obviously going to be in Mac's life as well so so how can Alice be comfortable marrying Mac?

• Members

Frankly, I think the Mac/Rachel/Steve/Alice quadrangle was a mistake for several reasons.  One, George Reinholt wasn't playing Steve this time around, nor was Jacqueline Courtney playing Alice.  Two, Rachel was in a different place in her life at that point; the reasons for wanting to be with Steve then were not the same as the reasons for wanting to be with him before.  And three, Mac and Alice just don't make any sense as a couple, no matter HOW you try to make it happen.

• Members

Not sure if any of this is already available or not. It is about 16 minutes and seems to range from February 6-13, and includes some footage of  Mac in the wild as well as some of Stacey's last scenes (I guess her last was with Jamie), as well as Cecile and Cass, and Rachel with Jamie and Sandy. 

Edited by DRW50