Another World

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mary Page Keller comments quite often on the Another World Memories Twitter page. I have interacted with her a few times and she is as lovely as I had hoped she would be. She also shares memories of the cast.  

• Members
Just now, Efulton said:

Mary Page Keller comments quite often on the Another World Memories Twitter page. I have interacted with her a few times and she is as lovely as I had hoped she would be. She also shares memories of the cast.  

That's good to hear.  I still remember her fondly from "Duet."

• Members
18 minutes ago, Khan said:

That's good to hear.  I still remember her fondly from "Duet."

It would have killed me if she was nasty.  lol.  I have also interacted with Mark Pinter and Faith Ford on the Another World Memories Twitter and they are also really cool and nice.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Khan said:

It helped that Thomas Ian Griffith and Mary Page Keller shared incredible chemistry.  Otherwise, Catlin and Sally, IMO, were a pretty generic couple.

What other than chemistry elevates any couple? I don't think you can make a "supercouple" on storyline alone, or even acting range. 

Trying to think of other RL couples. Sandy and Cecile weren't a supercouple, were they? 

Edited by Xanthe

• Members
6 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

Trying to think of other RL couples. Sandy and Cecile weren't a supercouple, were they? 

Nah lol 

But they were married for a long time IRL. AWHP has a section that details real life cast couplings and marriages. 

• Members
40 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Nah lol 

But they were married for a long time IRL. AWHP has a section that details real life cast couplings and marriages. 

Separate pages under Miscellaneous for Backstage Romances and Marriages

Raising my eyebrows at David Forsyth and Anne Heche. 

Marriages doesn't distinguish between people who were already married when the other one was cast vs people who met on set. It also takes some work to figure out which characters were onscreen couples. In some cases the spouse had a very minor role. 

I had (ridiculously) forgotten about Tom Eplin and Ellen Wheeler being married. 

• Members
13 minutes ago, Xanthe said:

Marriages doesn't distinguish between people who were already married when the other one was cast vs people who met on set. It also takes some work to figure out which characters were onscreen couples. In some cases the spouse had a very minor role. 

Judging by the years that some of them got married, Matt Crane/Robin Christopher, Mary Page Keller/Thomas Ian Griffith for example, you can assume that they met on set. 

• Members
21 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Judging by the years that some of them got married, Matt Crane/Robin Christopher, Mary Page Keller/Thomas Ian Griffith for example, you can assume that they met on set. 

That presumes a lot of knowledge about when they were on the show that isn't listed unless you cross-check the character guide. Even though Matt and Robin married after the show was canceled, how would I tell whether they were even on the show at the same time without looking it up separately? 

• Members
10 hours ago, Xanthe said:

I had (ridiculously) forgotten about Tom Eplin and Ellen Wheeler being married. 

Which made EW's Marley sudden obsession with Jake, who had raped her years ago, even more awkward.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Just a quick comparison --  George Reinholt was 36 years old, when he was fired from Another World.  Brian Gaskill (AMC's Bobby Warner) is now 52 years old, yet he looks young enough to be George Reinholt's son. Can someone explain that?   LOL.