Another World

• Members

Thanks. I know you always keep an eye out for things too. There are so many reuploads sometimes I doubt what is or is not new...

Jamie's mention in an early clip of two bodies being in the plane would mean that part is sometime in the week of February 6th. Stacey left on the  8th. The end credits mention a TV movie that aired on February 13th (in the US, anyway). So I assume it is all from that point. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Trying to resurrect Alice/Steve/Rachel without any of the original actors was just foolhardy. And Alice is going to be foolish enough to get involved with Rachel’s ex-husband after all the misery she went through with Steve and Rachel 10 years earlier? Ridiculous.

The tea scene makes me laugh. If I am ever rich enough to have a live-in maid, I will insist that she wears a black uniform with a white frilly apron and cap, a la Vivian. Mac needs to run a tighter ship where Louise is concerned.

Edited by Chris 2

• Members

Really nice. I like Stephen Yates here a lot. And it was interesting to see David Thatcher trying to persuade Cass to "reinvest" money. This was not long before David tried to solve his cashflow problems by smothering Uncle Kevin.

I remember at the time that it felt like Mac was stumbling around in the snow alone interminably. And based on the weekly synopses it was at least two weeks.

I came across the Feb 10 episode that Eddie Drueding has uploaded, and it shows the scenes before the funeral service where we saw Rachel decide she couldn't accept it in the Feb 13 episode.

• Members

Great find. I skimmed through that episode last night but didn't realize it was right before. 

The idea of Mac being  presumed dead and the effect this would have on his family is interesting - I wonder why they didn't develop it longer. 

I thought they were the same episodes. Good thing i decided to check. Not a beloved era of AW. But the episodes themselves are entertaining enough. I do like the diversity. AW had at this time. Will never understand. Why Jacker got rid of her 2 creations. Loretta and Harry Shea so quickly.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

As lousy as the Corinne Jacker era was, I've always wanted to see more of it. And I checked and Eddie Drueding has the April 19th episode uploaded on his channel, so that's 6 consecutive full episodes that we have now. 

I've always wondered why the Shea family was sent packing so quickly as well. I know Corinne Jacker hated her time on AW, but I don't think she ever said why. I'd love to know what was going on behind the scenes, and at the network at this time. 

• Members

I'll bet Jacker saw herself as a "legitimate" playwright who was "slumming it" on a daytime soap opera and having to be subjected to NBC, P&G and even her own producer tear apart her work.

Same.  It seems like NBCD was thinking outside the box in hiring those ladies in order to salvage their lineup.

• Members

Someone somewhere was definitely interfering with the writing based on how they wrote the character of Rachel.  From March to July, Rachel had Matthew kidnapped by The Male Panthers, a father's rights group that Mitch was involved with to take Matthew to Mexico on a boat.  Rachel gets Matthew back, then Tom, one of The Male Panthers leads Rachel through a car chase in San Diego, while Steve Frame chases them in a helicopter.   Mitch goes to jail, and Rachel becomes involved with a Russian artist, Nikolai Pierenko. Nikolai's wife, Belia, is played by Elizabeth Franz, who would later show up in the summer playing another character, Alma Rudder. This lasts about a month, then Rachel again declares her love for Steve Frame as the show tried to replicate the Alice/Steve/Rachel triangle with a different Alice and Steve.  Then, Rachel and Steve find themselves in danger when the become trapped in the BelAire Towers when the skyscraper collapses.  All of this happened to Rachel in four months, and Mac is like a supporting character in her storyline.  This continues for much of 1982, Mac even gives his Christmas toast that year in Liz Matthews living room without Rachel, Ada, Amanda, and Matthew who celebrate Christmas at the Cory mansion with Steve Frame.