Britain's Got Talent: 2009

Sylph

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you, thank you, thank you for putting this out there! Susan Boyle scrolled onto the screen like a CORONATION STREET character, and then sent chills up and down my spine with her exquisite, fantastic voice. She took my breath away when she started walking away, and I started crying when they told her "yes." I have never met her, and yet I feel she is the best f.ucking person I have ever, ever come to know. What a character!

• Members

I couldn't have said it better!!!

This was a totally earth-shattering bomb of a performance, a supernova exploding! I literally cried several times during the video! This woman is amazing, she sang it per-fect-ly! Not only technically, but interpretatively, too! Talk about a discovery!!!

It seems she had a difficult life, having had to abandon drama school to take care of her sick mother.

I wish her all the possible best and I hope she wins this one!

Such a splendid person, as one of the commentators said this just proves how judgmental, petty and sarcastic we can be and this just shattered all the preconceptions we might have had!

• Members

Exactly! From that first note, to the very end! I was thinking the same thing too, how everything she did, her movements, her expressions, her pose, it was just pitch perfect. It was an amazing, unbelievable discovery. The video you linked has gone up to a 1,5 million viewers already.

Yes, and that is one of the reasons why I so want her to do well. I am hoping all the best for her, and that she wins. I know I will be watching if only just for her. I truly, truly, wish her all the success in the world, she is one of those EXTREMELY RARE occurrences, when talent meets personality= One of the greatest finds ever. Leona Lewis, who?

Basically, I could just reply to your post with a simple "Word" but it was so funny that you said exactly everything I was thinking when watching that video over and over and over again. I was moved to tears when the judge made the comment about the petty nature humans can have, and she was so absolutely true. I did it, everybody did it, and it was a good slap in the face. Susan Boyle shattered all the biases that we have and, for that, she deserves it all.

My mouth just dropped to the floor the moment she started singing. I became a fan by the time she was done.

• Members

I have absolutely nothing to add to what you've said! You are reading my mind and finishing my sentences! :o Really, worrrd to everything you said!

I am a huuuuge, huuge Susan Boyle fan now. And I will be. Forever.

I sang to escape bullies, says Talent's Susan

Britain's Got Talent's singing sensation Susan Boyle has spoken of how childhood bullies spurred on her bid for stardom.

The 47-year-old, from Bathgate, West Lothian, won a standing ovation from judges and audience at the Glasgow auditions with her rendition of I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables.

However, she told the Sunday Mirror that she suffered bullying at school after an accident at birth left her with learning difficulties - and turned to singing when she was five as an escape.

"I was born with a disability and that made me a target for bullies," she said. "I was called names because of my fuzzy hair and because I struggled in class.

"I told the teachers, but because it was more verbal than physical I could never prove anything. But words often hurt more than cuts and bruises and the scars are still there."

However Susan - who has never married and lives alone in her old childhood home - has already been in talks with Simon Cowell about signing up to his label BMG Records, and believes her success has turned the tables on her tormentors.

"I still see the kids I went to school with because we all live in the same area," Susan said.

"They're all grown up now with children of their own. But look at me now, I've got the last laugh."

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/reality/britains-got-talent-3/news/i-sang-to-escape-bullies-says-talents-susan/5541

• Members

Exactly the same way I feel--finally, a person who deserves their success!

Thank you so much for posting this! I had a feeling that she had gone through a lot, and this confirms it. This is about justice, and kindness, really. This is about that rare occurrence when a beaten-down person, who has retained her innocence and her golden heart, gets to raise above her wrong-doers. Her voice--though sublime, amazing, totally thrilling--takes second fiddle to the amazingness that is Susan Boyle and her story. The fact that the genius Simon Cowell has already approached her for a contract has made my day. Totally made it.

YES! Her voice is literally painted with warmth, love, light. It's not just about how good it is, technically, but it's an angel's voice because her singing comes from her soul. :wub:

• Members

I virtually can't put in words the feelings that I feel each time I watch that video clip. From her sandwich in the beginning, her modesty, honesty and truthfulness, she is like an innocent child, to her cute little old-fashioned dress, probably the only one she has in her closet, than those funny little shoes... Then everyone laughs, a teen rolls her eyes, a woman from the audience commenting "Elaine Paige?!" to those three — Amanda, Piers and Simon — every single person (and I include myself there) dismissing her before she even said a word.

Then to listen to her talk about being unemployed and her cat Pebbles, her village (so charming!), honest as honest one can be saying she wants to be like her idol Elaine, talking about how no one gave her a chance until now, how she hopes for the best...

And then that song... From A to Z, from top to bottom, every single detail sung to total perfection, it was all so overbearing (in a good way!), so overwhelming, I felt such a flood of these weirdly positive emotions coming my way...

And then the last line... Now life has killed the dream I dreamed... :wub: It was a nuke that was thrown at me. A nuke.

It blew me away, I was shattered into a million little pieces...

An age old tale, how the good beat evil.

• Members

I still can't get over her... thank you for the links, I am very happy to see her get all the recognition that she deserves. It was indeed a story of how good beat evil, in the most grand, epic sense. I honestly just can't wait until we get to see her sing again, I am not familiar with the way the show works, but I hope that it's soon. Meanwhile, she better have that contract all set by now, that album needs to come out pronto.

• Members

Demi Moore: 'Britain's Got Talent's Susan Boyle moved me to tears'

Veronica Schmidt

The unlikely Britain’s Got Talent sensation Susan Boyle has become such an internet hit that Hollywood star Demi Moore has been Twittering about her.

The actress’s husband Ashton Kutcher spotted the frumpy but talented unemployed Scott, posting a link to a video of her much-discussed Saturday night singing performance on his Twitter page.

“This just made my night," wrote the That Seventies Show actor.

Moore, who starred in Nineties blockbusters A Few Good Men and Ghost, responded to her husband on the mini-blog site, saying, “You saw it made me teary!"

Boyle won over a cynical audience in the first episode of the new Britain’s Got Talent series on the weekend and her performance quickly became a YouTube hit.

The 48-year-old was initially greeted with scornful looks after confessing she had never been kissed and struggling for words when she appeared on stage. But her rendition of I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables, brought the crowd to their feet.

Show judge and music mogul Simon Cowell is now reportedly organising a record deal for her, while bookmakers say she is the favourite to win the ITV talent show.

Boyle's sudden trajectory mirrors that of previous Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts. The plain Welsh mobile phone salesman wowed audiences with his classical singing and is due to release his second album this year.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article6097705.ece?print=yes&randnum=1239808505701

• Members

The legend continues! I was in my Uni's computer labs today, when Computer Lab 1 was closed due to class going on. A fleeting look through the door window to see what was going on and I saw her, Susan Boyle, in all her glory, magnified onto a screen, just as she was starting her "I Dreamed A Dream" performance. Once again, she made my day.

Archived