All: The Suds Report - 3/27/09

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Expect a "5 something" rating on primetime is abysmal. I don't know why people find it so complicated to understand why no network wanted to put money into something that wouldn't do well. The CW was probably the only network interested. So all this "they should of put it on Bravo etc etc. is just annoying because none of those networks wanted the crapfast that is the Daytime Emmys.

• Members

Re: the Blind Item

Okay, so the "sometimes Lucky" gay actor is probably Jacob Young. No big news there!

And speaking of young starlets on OLTL who've had work done... what is UP with Farah Fath's lips? I mean seriously, it's like an entirely separate person attached to her! Good grief, those are about as real as her onscreen son's bald cap.

• Members

I think it's Rafe. Maybe that's why they tried to connect him to Estella. I doubt they'd do that to a core character.

Maybe it will be that time of the month when Colleen appears for a brief few seconds so they'll just throw in Rafe feeling iffy around her.

Or maybe Gloria will be going through an experimental stage?

• Members

:o Oh, please, Lord, no. May they NEVER show that!

Friend of Dorothy reference indicates to me that it is a gay male. I'm assuming Billy and Nick (and Victor LOL) are immediate rule-outs.

However, if it is a woman, Mac definitely springs to mind. Just because the actress was previously on The L Word. Simplistic, I know. But that's the way Hollywood works. Ryan Carnes (ex-Lucas, GH) is constantly getting typecast in "gay" roles.

As for the blind items, RPG leaps out for #3. #1 and #2, though? I don't know. But I'm curious!

• Members

Rafe and Devon were my two choices. I REALLY like Rafe, and have been hoping he'd come on contract and usher in a Hispanic family. (We've already been told Rafe was a "scholarship student"...so this suggests a Foster-family-like start or Williams-family-like start. It would be so cool if Rafe (lawyer) had a bitch-beautician sister and medical intern brother...and a mom who called all her kids 'son' or 'daughter').

When spoilers were posted that Colleen would join the Newman board, you also first said it sounded "unlikely". :) . Your skepticism is noted, but I believe it. And I think that Y&R might actually do it well. Look how beautifully they have done inter-racial romances...total non-issues (Phyllis and Damon; Lily and Daniel; Lily and Cane; Lily and Billy; Olivia and Brad). I think they could do this so it WASN'T another coming out story. For that reason, I HOPE it is Rafe and that Rafe ushers in a new family. Because coming-out has been ... done. It's time to get past that.

For many reasons, it CLEARLY ain't Noah. He's following in his bloodline-footsteps. Devon is very likely. He hasn't seemed to "in" to his girls...this would be a terrific way to reinvigorate his storyline. (Except, I worry about him being 'issue' boy....runaway, foster care, deaf, gay).

Oooh...Mac is a brilliant idea, except I was pretty sure it was a man. But one could imagine that her childhood leering stepfather (which gave her sexual hangups and made her run away) and then her disaster with Billy MIGHT make her realize that she had an attraction to the "safer sex" too...and she decided to pursue that. Except she was MIGHTY randy with JT after she gave up her virginity. But as GL's Otalia shows...the old "black and white" days of sexuality are blissfully over. Kinsey's continuum is finally being understood for what it is...a CONTINUUM which is not necessarily fixed for all people, or fixed in time.

I'm going to put my money on Rafe, but hedge my bets with Devon. And I'll be happy with either choice.

Let me say also, right now, that I have no interest in a "kissing clock" or a "sex clock". If they do this right, and just make it a non-issue in the background, I'll support that. We don't see Gina getting her freak on. We don't see Kevin and Jana making love. We don't see a lot of people kissing and so forth all the time. As long as they don't PRECLUDE it happening when it happens...and it just happens naturally...I'm going to stay "countdown" free on this one and give them some room to tell the story however they want.

Rafe's kinda cute. It wouldn't bother me if he stuck around.

• Members

I hope it will be some prominent character, just because I don't want a story like this to be spent on someone we might see twice a month. Plus, these type of things are so often in real life. I seriously doubted ever seeing this on a Bell soap, but with this writing I definitely though that if it would ever happen, it would be Y&R first. Just because B&B keeps claiming there aren't any gay people in their fashion industry.

They need to play all the beats of the storyline too and show ATWT how it should be done.

... if it's true.

• Members

Re: MADD and the possibility of her returning to ABC: I actually think she would be a very slight improvement over Frons if we were talking about the president of ABC Daytime position. However since the item refers to a "pair" of soaps, it sounds like it would be either Frons bringing back the VP position he eliminated when he canned Felicia Behr, or replacing Susan Johnson who currently oversees AMC and OLTL. MADD replacing Frons I could accept; MADD working with Frons is something I don't even want to think about.

Archived