Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree she is definitely mentally ill so I hope the "writers" do the storyline justice and not use this as a vehicle for Nick to try and save Sharon because he can't do that. I think she is too far gone and she herself has dragged other people into her mess and have hurt others whether she realizes it or not. He can certainly try but he might just lose himself and the future he could have with Phyllis and Summer in the process and I doubt coming from someone who says he wants to hold onto his marriage whatever it takes...that he won't be the one feeling the most pain here out of the three in the end. At some point, Nick is going to have to let go of all that GUILT because even though he loves Sharon, his GUILT has overtaken in spades whatever love he feels for her. And that is no way to live.

Now I will agree that the stealing is most likely a side effect here but Sharon using sex as an antidote has always been her m.o. so this is not new only now that she is doing it at warped speed and with yet again another family member. But mentally ill or not Sharon knows what she is doing in regards to having sex with Nick, Billy and apparently now her husband too. She especially know she is wrong for sleeping with Billy or else she would not be trying to hide that fact from Jack or Nick. I would give these writers major kudos if they ever have the GUTS to let people see her "true face". Jack and Nick think they know it but they so don't, especially Nick. And hope they spare me the "great love story" for the ages, they shouldn't have to try this hard.

So I am very much looking forward to see if these so called writers try not to write a "cheap story" instead of an intelligent one for a change. I doubt if they can but I am going to hope they can. As it goes, I can barely cough up any more sympathy for this character (and I know this is the writers' intent). I have watched this character from the 1st day and character has not grown one iota since she came on the show!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Psychiatric help is seriously in order here!

• Members

Phyllis fans don't make excuses for her, we accept her just the way she is!!! yes she screws up and yes we admit she scews up, no excuses!

Sharon fans always have excuses for her

• Nick cheated first
  • it was only one kiss
  • it was just a ONS not an AFFAIR
  • both her and Victor were on medication
  • Diego was not dating Victoria when he had an affair with Sharon
  • Brad lead her on
  • Nick cheated first
  • it was Phyllis's fault
  • Jack lied to Sharon
  • Phyllis stole Nick from Sharon so her having sex with him was ok

and I am sure there are plenty more!

• Members

I just see it as a feeble attempt by the writers to garner sympathy for Sharon Abbott, giving her a so called "mental illness" excuses her from having sex with whoever she opens her door for! Sorry but being promiscuous is part of the character, she has always self medicated with sex with who ever when she felt depressed or unloved or un-needed or left out or when the feeling hit!

• Members

I don't see it as feeble at all...for YEARS (way before Nick and Phyllis were even a thought) Sharon has self medicated with sex. Scores of men have hit the sheets with her when sh*t hit the fan in her life. It's always been, in my mind, the most compelling thing about Sharon.

Sharon, Phyllis and Nick are all sick puppies and I wouldn't have it any other way! They're all fabulous.

• Members

What's to excuse? If Sharon is a pathetic slut, than that same category can apply to most of the rest of both the male and female population. It's a soap. Everyone does stupid s-h-i-t.

But what I really wanted to post was about how much I hated Cane (again). Isn't *anyone* going to comment on the fact that Cane committed fraud by signing the birth certificate knowing he wasn't the father or the fact that he is also a hothead with a distorted view of morality. Yeah, he's a real good father. He can't sue for custody because he was the poor sap in a love triangle. Grrr...

• Members

Cane is an idiot! But I noticed that Lily looked a little unsure when he asked if she was gonna still help him get custody of Delia even though she said yes. cane has no right to that baby and just because his "mum" is in his corner that means NOTHING! I wish someone would sit that fool down and tell him he's not gonna get that kid.

• Members

I kept hoping that Billy would go and file assault charges for the last time Cane used him as a punching bag. Especially since Cane then turned around and practically begged Billy to hit him so he could run to the police. Since when is it bad parenting to leave a child with their grand parent who is in full control of their faculties? Cane is acting like Billy left that baby with Eden or Anna or alone in the pool house. Who's going to watch the baby when Lily and Cane are making luv??

• Members

Exactly. For all the hate directed at Sharon by Phyllis and Nick fans, I really don't see where Sharon is any worse than Phyllis or Nick. They all suck. Nick is man whore who should be checked for STDs on a daily basis. Phyllis is a crazy possessive nutjob. Sharon is needy, desperate for attention and promiscuous. Sharon's behavior this time around does hint that she is having a breakdown with the stealing and compulsive behavior. She is more out of control than usual.

Regardless desperately slamming Sharon over and over, isn't going to stop the inevitable reunion with Nick down the line.

• Members

Since everyone is calling on Sharon, any words about Phyllis? How "mature" she behaves again? LOL!

But as someone already said: Nick, Sharon, Phyllis all behave these days as if they were the age of the cast of highschool muscial.

Speaking of stupidity: Dumb & Dumber aka. Cane & Lily really get on my nerve. Their passive aggressive acts are providing story but it doesn't help my general sentiment of wanting to have those two off the show. They still are WORST. COUPLE. EVER.

All in all a classic Y&R episode: sth. happens but it is mostly talk and characters driving the show. No hoopla but enjoyable, at least for me. :)

• Members

Phyllis just took a few days off because she knew she'd lose Nick if she'd act the way she always did. She'll be back to her old ways. Nick is still acting like a little brat led by "little Nick." And Sharon is just mentally ill. They're all people with very big problems, and very enjoyable to watch.

The writers keep writing arguments between Chloe & Lily, and Billy & Cane with Cane and Lily always winning the argument with some stupid comment. It's so irritating and it almost ruins the episode for me. It's that bad.

The show is still, with all these little problems, amazing, IMO. :)

• Members

Why oh why do the writers refuse to have someone put Cane in his place, and now they're trying to ruine my Jill-love by having her favor insta-son....Just stop.

Good to see Kay and Nikki together again though and that Jill/Nikki exchange was hilariously perfect.

Archived