Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. :)

Sure, with these soaps we always have to expect that something might come and destroy it. But just as long as it's great, I can enjoy the ride.

Hey Manny, why do you still have "Happy Holidays" in your avatar?

• Members

I don't have time to go through all 12 pages of this thread, but did anyone else notice the prominently-aired headline of the newspaper talking about the 'Chancellor Imposter'... misspelling 'Impostor'? I was shocked no one at the show realized their headline was misspelled.

• Members

I did notice that... but of course when I looked it up, the dictionary had both spellings, so I thought maybe I was the moron, and not the prop guys. LOL!

And DES, it's GREAT to see you in a Y&R thread. I thought you were an ABC boy?

• Members

Whoops! Guess I'm the goof! Oh well... I'll have to look for a new way to undermine a CBS soap this week!

I am generally an ABC boy, but I guess I'm more of a soapnet boy, so I keep up with Y&R, which has kept me interested more lately than it EVER has, and more than ABC has. And today I watched B&B instead of AMC. I like that Steffy Forrester, but the show is so melodramatic I almost choked on it.

Good to visit, brimike!

• Members

Don't be a stranger - your posts are always fascinating to read, and you bring up a lot of really intriguing ideas. The thing I miss the most about my time as an ABC viewer was getting to read your thoughts. Well, that and Erika Slezak and David Canary - but we all know how THAT is going. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well thanks, that's very flattering! I haven't much to say about soaps lately. AMC is just a tragic mess, copying the breakneck pace of GH with less talented actors in general and less cohesiveness. OLTL is very uneven lately, hating the fact that suddenly Shane has cancer, Matthew's paralyzed, and Jack Manning has a huge voice now in the unending Blair/Todd tug of war. That generation just blew up overnight. And too much focus on Farah Fath. All I like right now is the twist that Shane's cancer makes Roxy's secret about Rex's father much more urgent and relevant, since he's the match that can save Shane. GH is just grueling to endure.

So I'll sit in the back row and try to catch on-screen spelling and grammar errors, until the soaps get themselves together and start entertaining again. If they can.

I guess the true test is that I'm always pulled into a Y&R episode, and always driven away from an episode of any ABC soap.

Archived