Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Members

Are Chole and Billy supposed to be a couple? I don't see any feelings for her on his part. This is why I think Chloe's been painted into a corner, because she's become just one of the many women in his life. They could have done more with her place in Cane's life instead of having Cane completely reject her.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're another balloon-popper :). I fully agree with what you're writing...but I also think he has so much presence and experience...and he might just break through this B&B ceiling. Unlike Eileen Davidson, this is NOT a "holding deal" (till he returns to Y&R), and Diamont seems to having something like a "lifetime contract" because of Bill Bell Sr. If this is true, Brad Bell HAS to use him and make him successful.

I know about the initial pairing you're talking about...but I don't think that will last for any period of time. I am hoping Bill Jr.-Katie (if she is given some fire) or Bill Jr.-Felicia are given a chance. I also hope they let Diamont play his physical assets. For a man in his 40s, he still a work of art.

I agree in one way about this. The other day Chloe was dressed really quite plain, her hair was limp...and I thought "where is the fashionista?".

Which I think is the point. "Chloe as cat" is a great metaphor.

She's going to come out swinging soon. But remember, she is Billy's "stalker". So she IS pathetic where he is concerned.

I don't see Chloe-Billy as a romantic couple. But I see them as totally-connected-in-larceny. I see them as partners. That is more than enough.

• Members

I think Chole and Billy are supposed to be a highly unconventional and volatile young couple. From what the writing has inferred, Billy's heart and sense of self was severely damaged once he found out he was related to Mac and could no longer be with her. It seems he's been using women, money, and other superficial things to fill the void Mac's left in his life. I think he has some feelings for Chole, but no one is ever going to measure up to Mac for him. I think she will play into his life heavily when she returns soon, as well as in other storylines.

• Members

Same thing here: I don't see them as a couple, just because Billy will always look at Chloe as a stalker, plus it's too obvious he has absolutely no feelings for her, but she does for him. Even when it seemed like he cared for her, it was actually all about the baby. So they'll need to find Chloe something else to do in a few weeks, right?

Seeing as how Billy already has his hands full with Chloe, Sharon and soon Mac, this would be the perfect chance to send Cane and Lily packing. I wouldn't even notice they're gone; I'd just suddenly feel that the quality of the show has gone up.

• Members

[quote name='YRBB' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:02 PM' post='696563'See? :lol:

But, seriously... David Tom/Ash Bashioum.... Really? Or their current incarnations?

Bashioum. God, I didn't like her. At all. :lol:

I'm OK with Chloe, though. As long as her neuroses are held under certain... Level.

• Members

I don't think MAB should fire either of her Co-HWs (I can't believe I'm writing positively about Scott Hamner, but Joan Collins liked him...so hey!)...I love Y&R as it is right now.

When it comes to Louise Sorel: she and Paul had a fast and loose affair that ended very badly when she was at OLTL (from 86-87 I believe)...when her contract came up for renewal he fired her. Although I love Louise, she is known for sometimes being difficult for producers/directors to deal with. She has very definite ideas about what's 'right'...but very well liked by her co-stars.

• Members

Mark, I agree with much of your post with a few exceptions. I like that they play their vets and respect that the older characters get heavy story. They are definitely trying tp please the loyal fans of the three core families. Still, there are some fan bases and vets being totally ignored. I know most people like Lauren and Michael used just as they are, but I think it is a waste of CLB when Michael is becoming the John Silva of the show. His sole purpose is to bail his family (excluding his wife and son) out of their continual messes and show up in court once in awhile to shuffle papers. I also have a real problem when Lauren is only used to support her family and yet during a big family story she has been not shown for three weeks, and only had two appearances in five weeks. That is poor use of Lauren and Kevin's history and poor use of the talents of a good actress.

Paul has been matched with Nikki and yet we never see it being played on screen because they rarely use Doug Davidson. What's the point of matching them up if their relationship is never shown on screen? How hollow is it when Nikki says that she and Paul are serious? The Winters story is hit and miss. I don't particularly like the Neil/Karen/Tyra story but you have to tell the beats of a story. They are on one week and off the next. I still have no clue why Neil would risk his family, marriage and reputation for Tyra. I can't understand how we went from Neil not being sure about adopting Anna to being days away from adopting her. They were in a rush to get to the sex and conflict but the story was built poorly.

And where has all the romance gone? Every single couple is cheating except for Michael and Lauren and JT and Victoria and we never see them on screen. Couples don't make love, they screw. I have no problem with this happening with some couples, but every couple is excessive.

I think they can play their core characters heavily yet still fit in some story for their supporting veterans. They can have their affairs and mental illnesses, but give us some lightness. They can have their hot sex and one night stands, but give us some romance and a couple in love making love once in awhile.

Archived