Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Members

Wow O Wow.

Sharon Case is a revelation, THIS is the storyline actresses wait their entire careers to play. Sharon's self destruction is absolutely riveting. MarkH nailed it in regards to Jack, he's a sicko too!

Bryton did a fantastic job with his scene...very satisfying. I HATE Ana, that kid has this dumb ass look on her face all the time as if someone's just hit her upside the head with a frying pan. Ugh! Team Karen! Tyra sucks!

Billy and Chloe are de-lovely.

Major props to Saundra Weintraub, the woman knows how to write a fabulous script! My choice line of the day: You can't feel your feet touch the ground but you certainly can feel your back against the mattress (Phyllis on Sharon)...Delicious!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure Sharon Case and Michelle Stafford were good, but I am so sick of this never ending triangle dominating the show. Let Sharon have her break down, but I am so tired of Phyllis always learning everybody's dirty little secrets and holding it over their heads. When Phyllis was taunting Sharon with the phone about calling Jack, I flashed back to Phyllis doing the same thing to Sharon about Brad. Sharon and Phyllis are both just so pitiful at this point. I find the black outs, kleptomania and panic attack interesting. Sharon bedding any man who walks by is not necessary. And they are fighting over Nick who is a complete tool.

I just want to smack Billy and tell him to grow up one moment and then he gets charming and apologizes and it is hard to dislike him. I hate the hint that he may be interested in Sharon for more than sex. He has great chemistry with Chloe. I like their dynamic and I can see their storyline playing out for the long haul, while Billy with Sharon would do nothing for me. He and Chloe can be fun and snarky together. He can't be that way with Sharon.

I loved Devon today. He was spot on with Neil. It isn't just about Neil and Tyra, he is messing up the whole family. I want to see Devon lay into his aunt also. I hope they follow up on the Neil and Karen story and don't have them off screen for another week like they did their last confrontation.

• Members

What JT needs is to happen by Sharon's room.

Sharon is

I have wondered when Sharon was going to steal Phyllis' monkeys. I am team Phyllis all the way, Sharon is nothing more than a damsel in distress without a single redeeming quality.

Hopefully Chloe will realize soon that Billy is nothing more than Genoa City's ManWhore and quit wasting her time and move onto someone else.

• Members

Perfect line! And, well, I'd actually enjoy seeing that.

Ugh. We all hated them, including Jack.

I feel bad for lmfan that the Shack-Phick story is featured too heavily...for me, this is totally the money story...so they can run with it as much as they want. Especially as we hit these new levels of dark self-destructiveness and truly sick motivations in all four principals.

I mean think about it: Your signature front-burner love story is about four totally totally mentally ill people. But they're all still pretty and engaging!

This harkens back, for me, to the 80s and Victor-Nikki-Ashley-Jack. Not that the stories are the same, but then, too, it was a quadrangle of total dysfunction...and that is what made it so compelling.

• Members

Here is my intake in things.

My favourite actress is Tammin, and Lyndsy Fonseca comes a close second.

Lyndsy was adorable, cute and yes she was best colleen after all she was the original blue eyes, sweet, innocent so there was many qualities to like about her. She is the only Colleen that has the best, most chemistry with JT and it will not feel the same with AL or TS being paired up with JT.

That shower scene i admit was hot but i did not see AL as Colleen in that scene it just looked to me as if JT was cheating on LF Colleen and AL was another girl that he hooked up with. Adrianne IMO was too catty and bitchy for me.

I adored JT and LF colleen it was very sweet relationship but many seem to be forgetting that LF was 14-15yrs old and Thad was 26 that time! 10yrs older then her so to me JT looked too old for Lyndsy's Colleen so i couldnt get over that fact when they were together other then that they were awesome.

AL had the best chemistry with Adrian Korbell. But i think Tammin and Korbell was a much better fit, and more sweeter relationship i was gutted when they broke up and he left town :( Colleen was maturing into a fine young woman and he should of got married to her.

I loved Jolleen the best when LF was playing Colleen but with Tammin i liked her with Adrian Korbel.

And the teens now i really like Abby she is beautiful and the most prettiest teen in Y&R through all these years cant believe she is 14 lol most kids look dorky at this stage. And Noah well he is a cutie but boring.

Eden yeah i enjoy her i want her to be a goth!

• Members

The Sharon-Jack scenes seemed like sickness because PB exudes a completely paternal vibe whenever he is with Sharon. Sharon is clinging to the father she never had. Jack is once again rescuing another lost waif that he can call his own -- to make up for the children he no longer has ties with and to fill the loneliness in his life.

Adam asking his father to get him out of jail really made me think that he has concocted the blindness as a way of getting out. Every day I change my mind on this. That has always been Y&R's hallmark when its stories start percolating. Good!

And I am late to the party but those YouTube scenes have confirmed it. How soon can MAB beg Adrianne Leon to take her job back?

• Members

The Sharon/Phyllis confrontation was very awkward (in a good way) They were just bitching at each other like they have done again and again in the past and all of a sudden Sharon is having a breakdown and Phyllis is all like "???.. Sharon you need help"

• Members

Good episode today! O'Brien really impressed me once more. However, I'm still not too crazy with Rikaart's acting... I think the whole storyline, the whole idea of Kevin regressing like that, is amazing, but something is amiss for me. It'll be interesting to see what's next with Clint's heart-attack. That shot of Kevin looking at Kay's picture, pointing the gun at it, and that old musical cue playing was just so strong, and so totally Sheila-esque from her kidnapping Lauren in the farm days.

The Katherine storyline continues to be great, Scott, Cooper and Walton must be having so much fun playing all this out. It really is classic soap, how the answer is so obvious, but the characters don't know it yet. Loved Jill's: "You're such a sucker" line.

The hearing scenes were good, and it's nice to see Adam not only back at the Newman Ranch, but unable to leave it. There is something amazingly fun about his blindness and, even though it would be nice if he was faking it all, I think that it would be even better if this was real, and if Adam is indeed going to stay blind. I think Engen has already pulled it off great. Nice to see him share those scenes with Ashley (my God, does she look amazing or what?). Loving the awkwardness between the two, and Adam finding out Ashley's pregnant (which I'm still not sure I like).

Jack and Mary Jane's scenes were definitely interesting. It's too soon, but I liked the actress playing her. Of course she's in cahoots with Victor, which makes it even more juicy. I've missed a few episodes, so can anybody clarify if we knew Mary Jane is the Mystery Woman? Mary Jane is awfully close to Mari Jo.... which would be AWESOME!

Billy/Chloe/Sharon continues to be stellar, and I absolutely loved Sharon's look when she realized that she and Billy would be living together! Also, really enjoyed the way Chloe manipulated Billy into begging him to stay with him.

The ending with Kay was really sad..... :( God bless Jeanne Cooper!

• Members

We're suppose to believe that he is faking it since he asked Frank in prison to get him "that thing they were talking about earlier."

But of course, if that was true then I believe Adam will somehow have to compensate Frank for it since we all know Frank wants something in return.

I believe it was implied that Mary Jane was the mystery woman, especially since she met with Victor near the end of the episode.

Stacy Haiduk :wub:

I feel tempted to change my avatar.

• Members

Thanks, it seems that he might be faking it after all.

Yes, of course, I knew it would be her the moment they showed her at the Club :D I just wasn't sure if those scenes occurred with the viewers knowing she's the MW, or if the Victor/Mary Jane scene later on was the first time. Thanks for your help!

• Members

Thank the Lord that the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is going to start on tomorrow because I can't take anymore of Kate Valentine!

Y&R is ruining Billy Abbott by placing him in the same atmosphere as Kate Valentine. Billy Miller and Elizabeth Hendrickson have NO romantic chemistry whatsoever! Stevie Wonder can see it. EH, God love her she is not a heterosexual romantic lead actress. How can I go from loving her as Maggie Stone to blind hatred for Kate Valentine!!!??? They need to squash this storyline quickly before they loss all creditability in the Daytime World.

Archived