Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, except this would mean that the RS portal (run by Sony) wouldn't get monthly updates either. That will be a clue if they have abandoned ship on this one. If there is no new cover...

As RS became, I have no problem with it disappearing.

On the other hand, it was a squandered opportunity. They had a chance to build RS into a genuinely interesting portal that could have been an e-commerce and backgrounder-augment for the show. But they never really invested in that.

ETA: Yup, they're still stuck on "men we love".

• Members

Yes, they didn't even touch the site for weeks.

They could at least try to explain why there was no new edition. Last year if they would miss an issue they'd freak out and worry about going out of business, yet this year nothing. I have the feeling they'll keep the magazine but only if they'll need it for some other storyline.

They aren't even trying to say they're going to their jobs, they just go around town fighting. I actually like it that way. RS was overexposed.

• Members

Restless Style was definitely Maria's idea. Just read her resume and what she did before (re-)joining Y&R... Life imitaing art - anyone?

Still catching up with "this week" after too much partying in the past few days :P but dare I say that Kevin-story is a killer!? It's so morbid, so dark and creepy - it is just shocking to watch.

Love it; not only HBO can produce really meaty drama. Who says daytime is dead? Kudos belong to Maria & her crew. (So far Teresa Zimmerman's Y&R scripts have been very good considering her B&B has always been very uneven.) Especially for how this story was conceived. We thought Amber & Kevin were to hit the sack out of the Kay story but instead they took a completely different direction. Chapeau! :)

• Members

Oh, I'm sure it was her idea, given her fashion background. But she's really stopped focusing on it over the past 5 months or so, not that I'm complaining.

The Kevin storyline is turning out a lot better than I expected. On paper it might sound a little over the top, but it plays out really well on screen. Zimmerman's scripts have also been good, though I'll wait a bit longer to judge her Y&R work overall.

• Members

Phyllis will probably get RS in the divorce. I guess if they divorce. Looks like they're building so some sort of split but seems kinda soon for a full on divorce/split. I would be OK if that magazine was only mentioned in passing.

Archived