Y&R: Week of March 16, 2009

• Members

Anyone think Mac may play a big role in Kevin's story? They were very close friends and Kevin had unrequited love for her. They bought Crimson Light together, and she along with Michael and Lauren were responsible for helping Kevin become a better person. The added bonus is that Billy hates Kevin and vice versa.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Mac will have her hands full with Katherine and Billy, maybe some interaction with Kevin when he's back in his right mental state, but she definitely has more pressing matters to attend to, especially where this leaves Mac and Billy when they find out they're NOT related and were forced to give their relationship/marriage up when they thought they were.

• Members

But even during LML's reign, Y&R wasn't a show you looked at and said "my god, the acting SUCKS on this show!". None of the actors on this show are Ronn Moss awful, so I fail to see why yelling is warranted. Personally, if I was an actor on the show and was subjected to that kind of workplace environment on a daily basis, I would probably LOATHE Paul Rauch.

I'd like to see a Taylor/Bill/Felicia triangle (with Bill/Taylor as the end game, of course). I desperately want Katie back with Thorne.

• Members

His quote was, "I expect a certain level of professionalism without being a hard ass about it." He says if actors are SCREWING AROUND DURING REHEARSALS, he says something to them. He'll fully justified to do so, in my opinion. That said, he and Maria both went on to say that the actors respect his input and that he brings a level of "stability" to the show.

If I were a producer and the actors weren't doing their jobs in an appropriate manner, I would approach them honestly. Not only would they be wasting their time, but mine as well.

• Members

I believe she is still acting- last interview I heard her give, she said she was doing something in London or New York, can't remember which. Yet that interview was a bit ago now, but I'm sure she's not retired from the biz.

You know how I feel about Jill and what was said the last time she was compared to.....a character........but this is something I could really see. Chloe has that same spark that Jill has, that me against the world mentality and if molded right, could be the Jill for a new generation. Obviously she'll never be Jill, but she could be one of those characters who, despite her many flaws, you root for. The way they've set her up reminds me of the way Gina Blake was originally scripted and intended on Santa Barbara. I see a lot of potential in Chloe and I'm beginning to think that Elizabeth Hendrickson has the chops to pull it all off.

I don't know about that one. The show seems pretty invested in them to me. I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. Without them, you don't have the proper conflict with Billy & Chloe. As much as I hate to say it, they're going to be needed for a while.

• Members
The back stage politics were awful for the actor's during her tenure though; she took away their practice sessions, acting coach; she just didn't care about the actors (she only cared about ratings and $$$$$$)! I think the actor's are so happy now and with the writing that most of them will realize that Rauch is only striving to make them better and that he will not tolerate a mediocre performance. I can only pray that he will stay on top of some of them and not give in/up.

I agree, I think the Chloe character has the potential to be the new Jill and with EH in the role, it has even more potential.Unfortunately, I don't think this is the case for this couple at all however, that could be said about another character... if only, they would just do it!

• Members

Y&R, during the reign of that hack bitch from the depths of hell LML, was a really unhappy place. The actors got their scripts really last minute, didn't have any rehearsal time and had their room service canceled (that BITCH!). Essentially, LML was quite a random boss, whatever Don Diamont wants to say, LML didn't give a flying damn about the actors, she may have had lunch with him, but everyone else was on her sh*t list, particularly Eric Braeden.

Paul Rauch is a tough boss. He produces a quality product. He's worked well with some of the biggest divas in the business (Robin Strasser, Kim Zimmer and Joan Collins to name a few), all of whom didn't have a problem with him and his standards. It is the unprofessional actors on the show that probably don't like him. Tough sh*t, if you can't live up to Paul's expectations (which aren't maniacal, he just doesn't produce crap) then they should leave the [!@#$%^&*] show and jump into the unemployment line.

• Members

The work ethic is one of the biggest improvements since LML left.... All the actors, baring a few notable exceptions who just don't have any acting skills in them, are putting much more into their roles. Very little phoning in on Rauch's watch.

Its so pleasant to see because Y&R possesses the strongest cast in daytime.

• Members

Okay, you've all changed my mind about Rauch. (Especially DaytimeFan's post about LML. Yikes.)

I think my favorite Mac will always be Rachel Kimsey, but I liked AshBash too.

Here we go AGAIN with the Tammin bashing. *sigh*

Archived