Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. I'm not even excited to watch this show anymore - I still do, but I don't get excited, which is sad. The last two episodes have been the best of the season so far, but still - this show is all over the place. Too many characters, personalities change on a dime, it's not consistent, hard to follow relationships... it's like they learn something on one episode, then trash it the next. I'm still wondering what happened to Artie's legs he got for Christmas last year... that was totally dropped.

• Members

I loved the B/W section the first half. If you go to youtube and watch the Judy Garland Christmas Special, it looks to be almost exactly the same set. Blaine and Kurt had a great song and dance act too. Best song of the night. It did start to wear down a little, but overall I thought it was a cute and clever episode. Their Chewbacca was played by Peter Mayhew the real Chewbacca for extra geek cred. Matthew Morrison directed this episode I think, and he really showed a love of his subject matter.

• Members

Was Christmas special thing supposed to be bizarre? It was all kind of random with the writing. I was suspecting that they would come to their senses before the special and go to the homeless shelter like they promised Sue first instead they (minus Sam and Quinn) did their special and showed up because the last 10 minutes were cut. They also never addressed the fact the Rachel is Jewish (not counting her saying Happy Hannukah to someone when they were ringing the bell). This season has been a disaster for the most part and I found season 2 largely hit or miss. Did they even address the fact that the group is back together, maybe I didn't pay enough attention last week but I thought they said they wouldn't come back but Rachel invited them to come sing with them at the end. I watch NCIS than the DVR recording of Glee and I forget that I can FF through commericals.

• Members

This season is a hot mess. The only part of it I liked was Mercedes telling off Schue and leaving. Amber Riley is the best voice on this show and has been SORELY wasted. Then the Trouble Tones became my favorite thing about the show. And then one day, after ONE LOSS, they just decide to cave in and be background singers for that obnoxious, horribly dressed, rancid bitch again?

No me gusta.

• Members

I thought the episode was very funny and the black and white was the best part. It certainly was very polarizing in that many seemed to love it or hate it. I grew up watching those 60's & 70's Christmas specials and many 1960's comedies which IMO they did a great job with parodying in that spoof. I was just waiting for someone to call Kurt and Blaine "confirmed bachelors". I'm also enjoying Season 3 with the exception of a couple of episodes which definitely were quite lacking, but overall I thought most of them have been entertaining. It seems that in 2012 they are going back to the way the show used to be and which the fans seemed to like by having lots of guest stars, a theme episode around one artist, and more current Top 40 songs. I appreciate that they tried to switch things up (but then I also prefer Broadway songs but generally I like most of the music on the show).

• 4 weeks later...