Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The willy wonka song was great with the montage. Watching this the song from the tryouts that I noticed most was Kurt's, and I realized that while he hits every note it was really weak anyway. Maybe he is just too young, but he just doesn't have that hint of bitterness, hope and desperation the song requires. Sometimes a voice is not enough (which is why Pia on American Idol sucked in my opinion)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/glee-hires-first-writing-staff-allison-adler-tapped-as-co-ep-marti-noxon-to-consult/

Good news! The show is finally going to add more writers instead of Murphy, Brennan and Falchuk doing all the episodes. Murphy and Falchuk also direct/produce and that's just too much. Hopefully Season 3 will be more consistent and better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

The show is in deep trouble. Since season one was obviously more bearable than the second one, they're probably trying to go back to what season one was.

I am still not sure if I should even try season three because season two was quite bad.

• Members

What killed season 2 most was RM's Kurt obsession. The show became completely centered around him, and RM must have realized it was a disaster because then Kurt was completely back burned. Another issue was Sam, who was obviously brought on for Kurt but when it leaked they changed it up and never had a full view on what to do with him, even tho he worked in every situation they put him in.

Blaine and Lauren were good additions, but they took the focus even further off the core supporting cast of Tina, Mercadies, Puck, Quinn.

And Quinn, man dont even get me started. They ended season 1 with her giving up her baby and seemingly taking her in a more mature direction, only to regress her further back from where she was when season 1 started. And her big plan for revenge on rachel & Finn is let go because she got a HAIR CUT! Jesus! I cant even. And speaking of her baby, why didnt they touch upon and play up the fact that her baby she game up is being raised by rachels mother, who gave her up?

Really, if you watch Popular season 1 and season 2, it is the exact same issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Unfortunately, RM's 'pets' have a habit of eating the entire canvas. That's not going to change now that they made Darren Criss a series regular. In fact, I think Chris Colfer, who recently kind of threw his Klaine pairing under the bus, is already getting irritated that he's not the chosen golden boy anymore.

The cast chemistry together is wonderful, it's these actors OFFSCREEN that actually keep me watching, because it's certainly not the writing.

They even managed to screw up the concert movie. The editing was awful for one thing. And instead of having all kinds of great behind the scenes footage, we were treated to stories about people we don't even know who are essentially obsessive fans. There was a ton of potential, and they wasted it once again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

You could add in Nip/Tuck to that list too. I really don't think Ryan Murphy knows how to write a series. He coasts solely on shock value and (ill) humor. I don't think a single one of his characters are likable or sympathetic. They all come off so deeply problematic and self-absorbed.