Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Members

Um, the change is definitely in the air. The first three episodes of this season might not have been that good, but still miles better than any of Season 2. There is just this different type of feel to it (sadly, still with some things that won't really ever change).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The biggest problem with Glee will always be the character development. These characters don't act realistically at all which wouldn't be a problem if their actions made sense or there was some kind of arc, reason attached to their development. Even the catalyst for most of their problems and the way the resolve them don't really make sense either. It's like they are in some bizarro world or something.

I remember in the first season where everyone in the club kept the fact that the father of Quinn's child was not Finn but Puck. Finn believed he was the father of the child because Quinn tricked him into it. Everyone in the club went along with it because "it was Quinn's choice" and they didn't want to "blow nationals" by telling Finn the truth WTF? How can there be 13 characters and not one of them has an ounce of morality in them to see that what Quinn was doing was wrong? And worse yet both Rachel and Puck were said to be in the wrong for exposing Quinn's lies! Ridiculous especially considering Quinn was on the side having dates with Puck even while she was Finn's girlfriend. blink.png

Fast forward to season two, Quinn and Rachel are friends, Finn wants to get back together with Quinn because they "have firework chemistry" and Finn has completely forgotten the fact that Quinn cheated on him and lied about her child's fraternity. Quinn has completely forgotten she had a child at all and now is all about becoming Prom Queen and achieving something in high school because she knows she won't amount to anything after high school is over. She just accepts this line of thinking, doesn't try to change it make herself better. She doesn't aim for college, doesn't aim to work a trader, anything, she just wants to be Prom Queen and be popular. blink.png

Fast forward again to season three Quinn is a delinquent and supposedly everything bad that happened to her is a result of the fact that she lost her baby since she put her up for adoption two seasons ago, after she went an entire year not giving a second thought to her baby! blink.png

The character work is just unbelievably messy. I am sure you could find horrible development for most of the side characters.

I like Rachel a lot. She is probably the cornerstone character for the series and she seems to be the only character who consistently grows and who's characterization is deep enough that it doesn't change by the episode. Finn, Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, Tina, etc. all of them change so frequently and so ridiculously that there isn't a point in investing in them. They are all so shallow. The only characters I like are Santana, Artie, Brittany and Rachel. The rest are useless.

Edited by Skin

• Members

I totally agreed with you up until you said you loved Rachel. I absolutely cannot stand her. She is such a horrid bitch. And not the good, rootable kind of bitch (ala Santana). She's insipid, grating, and obnoxious. Not to mention Lea Michele falls completely flat as an actress, and is hardly more than mediocre as a singer, IMO.

• Members

It really is--that's the Ryan Murphy way. Charles Pratt is busy head writing Lying Game but... :P

I actually agree with everything you said Skin, and I know we don't often see eye to eye lol.

Why bother bringing Sam Evans back especially as they're adding characters this year anyway? I also know it had to do with sports (and X Factor) but it seems a bad move to pre empt the show for three weeks so early in the season.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

They are back in November, once baseball ends. FOX has been all kinds of crazy because of Baseball. I missed an episode of Terra Nova, and the X-Factor has been all over the schedule randomly. They just planned it better for Glee, although having 3 weeks of repeats after only 3 new episodes of the season was annoying.

• Members

wow I can't believe no one is watching? This week's episode was great! The song selection can't be beat and all the stories and characters got a chance to shine from Blaine and Kurt all the way to the Coach and Karofsky. And in true soap fashion, a schemer has arrived to break up the in lovers Blaine and Kurt.

And Santana was great, she has a nice voice.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J5gUW_TuvLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by quartermainefan

• 4 weeks later...