Y&R: Week of March 2, 2009

• Members
That definitely wasn't my intention although I should have known better! I thought it made for a good laugh in comparing the two, my bad!!! I certainly thought it was hilarious when I read it elsewhere.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As one of the Nick and Sharon fans here, I in no way thought they would immediately get back together after their night at the cabin. It would have completely ludicrous for the writers to have tried and made us swallow that. However, I do believe that eventually it will happen. Not saying it'll be this week, this month or even this year, although I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't hopeful they will be reunited by Christmastime. I'm a patient person. I love the way the story is being written since Maria took over and I trust her vision for the show and for the characters and couples I enjoy.

• Members

Lol at Chloe's reaction today...the girl actually thought Billy loved her? Umm sorry sweetie but Billy's in love with Lily and you're just gonna have to accept that. At least he was honest with you which is more than can be said for Cane....

Oh God Ashley is gonna be so furious with Victor and I can't wait.

Amber....my heart broke for her today. You could just see the hot mess that was her time on B&B just stream across her face while she was holding Cordelia....and then later on when she mentioned it to Daniel and he quickly shot it down you could see how crushed she was.

God I'm so hoping for Amber and Kevin now.

• Members

I saw this on another board and I must agree with the sentiment that Nick seems to be driven by a great deal of guilt when it comes to Sharon. They don't seem to be writing Nick as a man in love with his ex as much as a confused man trying to make up for emotionally abandoning Sharon after Cassie's death. When Nick got his memory back he spent several days apologizing to Sharon for the affair and how he behaved after Cassie. That guilt is at the heart of his actions. The cabin scenes came after Noah almost died, which reminded him of their ordeal with Cassie. Couple that with the letter Sharon wrote about still loving him and being the girl he fell in love with all those years ago. He seemed to be totally wrapped up in who he should have been to Sharon before the affair and after Cassie's accident.

Since the cabin, Nick decided to stay with Phyllis. His conversation with Sharon was painful because he knew he was hurting her to say that he was no longer the man he was when they were married or even divorced and that he really did love Phyllis. Sharon didn't seem to be a part of that choice at all by the way she stormed out of the office. If she was, she sure acted ticked off when she got her way. All of Nick's interactions with Sharon have been as a direct result of "feeling bad or feeling he had caused pain" for Sharon. He has yet to act as if he is head over heels with who is she is now and therefore, just can't get her out of his mind. Sharon has had all of the flashbacks of Paris and the cabin. Nick had a flashback to their wedding on their anniversary but in the end it was because he didn't know how to say something to Sharon about it on that day. His visit to her was to tell her that he hadn't been a big jerk the day before. Why? Because he felt bad.

On the other hand, his deep guilt seems to be causing him to be oblivious to Phyllis and her insecurities. A poster elsewhere said that he does not seem to have any guilt about his actions in regard to Phyllis. He can't and won't see how much his actions are hurting his wife. I think this is correct. His need to please and assuage his deep feelings of regret/guilt are all for Sharon right now. How else can you explain his demeanor to Phyllis after screwing Sharon? Nick is hardly unable to stay away because of his deep love and longing for Sharon. Not one of his conversations have had to do with who they are as a couple in the present, except when he told her, after she pressed him, that he had choosen to stay and fight for his marriage with Phyllis. Nick does not ever seem like he justs wants to hang out or be around her for the lovely person that she is. At the bookstore the other day, he asked her if she her odd behavior was "because of them". To me, that shows where Nick's head is at in all of this, buried in a powerful cocktail of guilt and emotion.

Ironically, in the end, he could end up abandoning Phyllis in many of the same ways he left Sharon after Cassie died.

Mark H

Sharon has owned parts of Nick's heart before Phyllis even set foot in their city. He has loved Sharon longer and purer than Phyllis, but it was also very young love to go along with their young marriage and young family. He will never feel the way about Phyllis that he does about Sharon. But the same can be said of how he feels about Phyllis. Sharon will never touch him as passionately as his current wife. Phyllis rocked his world to it's foundation when she burst into it. His love for her is unlike anything else he's ever know. It was so different from Sharon, so raw, so powerful, but also deep. His love for both women is beyond compare. That is why the story is so compelling. He is a different Nick with each of them.

• Members

Seriously, this was one of the highlights. One, Adrienne impressed me by totally throwing all the history of her character in those few moments, and just a gread nod to the history while still letting everyone who hadn't seen Amber on B&B the history. I also forgot how much I loved the friendship with Amber and Chloe had--and how well Adrienne and Liz play in scenes together. I miss that friendship.

Found it very interesting that the "big" Lane reunion wasn't all that big, and really that story was more about Chole and Billy today.

• Members

:lol: So far, that's the funniest (and truest) comment of the week. Spot on.

I know you don't agree with it, but honestly, how could ANY fan compare Colleen to Jill? There are absolutely no similarities between the two.

:lol: Yeah, Colleen is capable of being as fierce as Jill in the boardroom. Sh!t, even with Adrianne Leon in the role, I still wouldn't think that to be true. Colleen ain't even as fierce as Jill in the bedroom, let alone the boardroom.

Amen.

:lol: Just when you think it can't get worse, every week, something abominable happens in the Y&R thread. Probably why it's the hottest thread on SON right now.

I know you were making fun of those fans which was fine. But, man, for that comparison to even be mentioned is......just.....wrong.!

Ugh, oh hell no. I refuse to let the writers tell me who Amber belongs with. Amber/Daniel are the hottest couple going right now on Y&R and I don't want them to be split up over this silliness. Yeah, I like Kevin & all, but let him be with Jana and let Daniel have Amber. Why can't two couples be friends without two of them f.ucking?

Back on topic: Y&R was okay today, not the best episode, but certainly not the worst. Jess Walton should be kissing MAB's feet- her Jill is back in full force day in & day out. It's making me remember why I fell in love with her when I started watching in the early 90s. We haven't seen this Jill in years, since she first moved into Kay's house. Bravo to the writers and Ms. Jess Walton.

Cane & Lily's sex scene sucked. Why can't Y&R give us some hot lovin? God knows Brad/Lauren, Ryan/Tricia, Nick/Grace, and Nick/Phyllis all steamed up the sheets. Why don't we see that now? Let's bring the hot sex scenes back, starting with Danber of course.

And I'm sorry, but I could take f.ucking David Leisure in a hot second. Why throw a knife when u can jack it into his stomach? I LOVE Kay's story, but I want the kidnapping to end soon so we can get to the bottom of Jill NOT being Kay's daughter.

As always, looking forward to tomorrow.

• Members

I think Colleen potentially could become the new Jill. Even last year when Colleen was written as a royal bitch, I saw elements of Jill in her.

If Tammin Sursok can't eventually mould Colleen into Jill's equal, no one can.

• Members
I agree, the comparison is wrong on so many levels and Colleen/TS does not even measure up to Jill/JW!! I thought some of you would see the shock and awe humor in it.

Moving along now, I'm loving the friendship between Amber and Chloe, they really have a lot in common. Amber was very realistic and likable today and I actually felt for her when she was telling Chloe about her baby. They should have had Amber and Chloe talking about Cane and how easily manipulated he is when it comes to women. I'm also really liking the Jill and Chloe interaction and Jill being civil to her for all of a few seconds.

I liked Billy telling his problems to Ashley and Victor today too although he made me actually feel sorry for Chloe. Of course though, Jack worked his magic with Chloe. How natural did PB seem with that baby?

I wonder if they are still planning on bringing Mac back? Billy will drop Chloe/Lily like a hot potato when and if Mac comes back and available to him.

The bandage woman being seen every now and then is only making things more suspenseful. I cannot wait for the reveal and I sure hope this does not disappoint.

• Members

Hmm very good analysis except for the NICK making a decision part. Of course NICK was purposely written to remain in Phick coupledom not giving him the healthy time he needs to think. They have put NICK in the most inconvenient of situations to where he will remain confused for as long as they need him to be. Of course he loves his wife, w/your take however on NICK and Sharon minus the young love aspect I could very well apply it to NICK and PHYLLIS. Nick doesn't want to be there because at the very least he needs time away. He is very much in that home and in the presentation of a couple because he was guilted by Phyllis. He could only imaginine what Sharon feels after their talk about him and Phyllis and I am sure even moreso because of Phyllis's initial reaction to his own "I think I love both of you". The challenge ahead for the Nick and Sharon characters is going to be NICK assauging that same guilt that you referred to before and still being able to love each other as not only who they were but also who they have become. The writers already started to adress it with Sharon's letter where it was purposely mentioned by the character how much she has grown but she still loves him. In anycase we agree on something, he loves them both in different ways. The interesting part of this story other than what's already developing is the longterm, as much as many is going to hate it lol these three will no time soon completly be out of each others orbit.

Archived