Y&R: Week of March 2, 2009

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chilly rules and Lily can finally have her soulmate back!!

That baby they have as Cordy is really cute and nice and small, not a 3 month old like they usually get.

Dmarex, is your pic a spoiler for Heather's future as a bag lady?

• Members

Cane is not Lily's soulmate...uhh the horror of that thought.

The fact that they're doing this so fast is what makes me certain that Cane and Lily won't last at all. Especially with him trying to force Chloe's baby onto her. That's absolutely disgusting and apalling in my opinion. Lily lost a child of her own already. Why in the world would she want to raise the child of a woman she hates. It makes no sense at all unless she's out for revenge and that's not a part of Lily's personality. At least what we've seen of it so far.

• Members

Above and beyond any issues people might have with Vail, there are two major liabilities for the character. (1) She is Paul's daughter We sure know how much the writers want to invest in the Williams clan; (2) The law-and-order DA role (outside of Christine) has ALWAYS been a loser on this show. Think how many times Glenn Richards brought the wrong person to trial...always to lose in the end.

I hated Glenn. But because he was only ever on for short stints, he was tolerable.

Now Vail is in that thankless role...but it is hard to make her a sympathetic character with a romantc life and family if she is constantly used as Y&R's DA...who, for 35 years, has been the "bad false accuser". Truly thankless.

The ONLY hope for Vail and Heather is if she realizes she *likes* the bad-boy side of Adam, she LIKES being a Princeton-Yale competitor, and she returns to the corporate world. She was fine at Jabot under Nikki.

Then, they should bring Glenn Richards back...we can continue hate him.

===

Tangential, but I'm liking "Rafe", Billy's bud and the new lawyer in town. Since he went to school with Billy, I don't know why they didn't just make him a recast Raul, and tell us Raul went off to become a lawyer. Even if they don't want to invest in "Rafe" with a contract, it would have given the character a bit more resonance in town...especially if Mac ever returns.

ETA: corrected Heather's corporate home to "Jabot". Thanks dmarex.

• Members

Just a minor correction, she was at Jabot under Nikki.

It's true. Overall, anyone that stands up against Victor is a loser.

Maybe Brendan Burns (Glenn) left just because he was tired of playing a loser all the time.

• Members

Amen! Lane is just Lame! Lily, bless her heart she is trying to recapture what she thought she had with Cane before Kate Valentine ruined it. Contrary to poplar belief in this instance, you can not go home again. No Lily, its not just a "wrinkle in time" its a rip that can't be sewn up. Lily has become ABC, all about Cane. She can't survive being in a relationship, much less a marriage with his man. On the other hand, did you listen to Billy's conversation with his sister and Victor? Very interesting and foreshadowing. Billy and Lily aren't through with each other yet.

Archived