Y&R: Week of March 2, 2009

• Members

Just a little refresher on this one which makes us realized how lucky we are these days with talented writers/eps...

Glenn Richards was written off the show, so that Ted Shackleford could arrive in GC. This was one of LML's first hirings...

Cane & Lily = sleeping pills on a daily dosage.

BTW; MarkH's Mari Jo-pic gives me the chills. I *loved* her but ironically enough she and Phyllis were prime reasons why I started to become a Cricket-shipper. LOL

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And you know what, Toups. NOBODY ON THE PLANET HAS A CLUE WHO SHE IS. Let's hope it STAYS that way...so we can all be surprised at the same time (except, of course, the bloody Canadians :) ). [i'm an ex-pat Canadian]. My BIGGEST fear is that SOD will will have a cover like "The Mystery Woman Is...".

I saw that clip early. Terrific. I wish they'd use more of Amber's backstory...but if they dribble it out this way, it will work. Funny that Amber has slept with both of her "daddies" :).

I have a better Mari Jo pic...but this is the one that reminds us how DERANGED she was at the end. That gun was pointed at Cricket. Let us not forget she shot Victor in PRIME TIME. Therefore, I do not believe the new mystery woman is Mary Jo.

Moreover, Diana Barton was SO BEAUTIFUL, it would make NO SENSE to replace her :).

• Members

Lol it reminds me of all the shick fans/phyllis haters who were so sure that Nick sleeping with Sharon would lead to him leaving Phyllis IMMEDIATELY and the reunification of that boring couple we call Shick.

Well weeks later and Phyllis and Nick are still together. Sharon is losing it...NOT Phyllis.

Billy and Lily are far from done. Perhaps sidetracked what with Chloe and the baby and possibly the return of you know who....

However I think Cane and Lily will probably get married but it won't last long. Not at all.

• Members

Certainly wasn't anyone on this board, so next. For someone who complains about the way Tammin/Christel are often treated on this board, I don't get the point of bringing up a certain fanbase and then calling their couple "boring" which is bound to start another fanbase war anyway.

Great for Sharon, she's definitely more interesting now than Phyllis has been in a good 5 years.

We'll see what's to come, I'm not making any assumptions.

They can get married and leave the show happily for all I care, but that's just me.

• Members

Yes, I just wanted to say that it brought a great story for Sharon. I also don't recall someone claiming Nick and Sharon would immediately get back together, or that Phick would break up.

You ain't alone here.

• Members

Lol yes it was on this board and even you can't deny that. Every single spoiler thread was filled with details of how certain people thought Phyllis was gonna lose it and that Sharon and Nick were getting together after their ONS. I'm not making that up. I read it on this very board for weeks.

And yes Sharon is definitely more interesting with this whole breakdown she's having but it's still funny as heck how wrong the Shick fans were.

On a final note I wasn't complaining. I was pointing out how useless and in some cases wrong it is to critize a PERSON on a soap as opposed to me who talking about a character.

Have I once said anything bad about Sharon Case's acting? And furthermore even if I were to say something you would never in a million years see me say the same thing about her and her acting in every single thread that has to dowtih her or the character.

That's the difference between me and you.

Phyllis and Nick aren't just fall to the backburner anytime soon so I doubt they'll be going anywhere so they definitely wouldn't be leaving show for a while.

@ shelia

The end result is the same no? I mean at best that's nitpicking. And in truth Sharon is breaking down from a majority of things but the thing that "pushed her over the edge" was that glorious one night stand that all the shick fans were waiting for and hoping would drive the killing dagger into Phick. They were hoping that it would drive Phyllis over the edge and instead the exact opposite has occurred.

So to me it just shows that not everything happens the way it seems will happen.

For all we know Lily and Cane will get engaged, married, and then slowly fall apart. Billy and Chloe may get together and later on down the road drift apart.

I'm the writer obviously so I have no idea. I just think that Cane and Lily are no where near "soul mates" and neither are Billy and Mac or Billy and Chloe.

How does one make a spoiler all black so that you have to highlight it to read what it says?

• Members

As I recall, we all said Sharon and Nick were the endgame. That doesn't mean yesterday, today, next month, next year..... just the endgame. Even I, not so fond of Nick, believe that it will be that way in the end.

Nobody said Nick and Phyllis would be leaving... where did that come from?

• Members

"They can get married and leave the show happily for all I care"

Hmm sounds like someone wants them to leave right?

I'm just responding that the chances of that happening are zilch.

And re "the endgame" theory regarding Shick I'm not gonna go digging thru old threads but I know what I've read and what people were surmising at the time regarding the whole ONS.

The main point though is that I don't think for one second that Cane and Lily are soulmates at all and that recent history has proven that just because certain things are expected to happen it doesn't mean that they will.

• Members

Oh my, I have no words that fit the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis dilemma. Talk about a storyline run a muck! Well, I guess you can count me in on the "lead to him leaving Phyllis" scenario. I really didn't see Nick sleeping with his ex-wife coming. But I didn't see Sharon sexin' up Billy coming either. I need more time to make a non-judgmental comment on these three. They are interesting that's for sure. :D

But isn't Sharon losing it? She has starting taking things that obviously don't belong to her. I think Sharon Case is gonna get a nomination next year for her 2009 body of work.

I'm hoping the writers grow a brain and realize that Lame is simply played out! The reunion was dull as a three day ole bagel. I vote for Kate Valentine to go insane, that would be the perfect punishment for her.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No marriage for Lame! That would be the kiss of death for Lily.

Archived