Y&R: Week of March 2, 2009

• Members

I still want to know where TheRedWarrior's objectivity when he pointed out how crazy some Shick fans can be, without ever acknowledging Phick fans can be the same way. Sounds to me like he was trying to belittle one fanbase, wouldn't you say?

Exactly, we are here to post our opinions on the show, actors included.

Word.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oy - how is it the most adult show on daytime has the least adult discussion thread?

Don't get me wrong - I've had my fair share of throwdowns on SON, and I'm certainly not saying I haven't contributed a little immaturity myself now and then. But this has been going on for PAGES. I want TS and CK off the show if for no other reason than maybe we never have to have one of these threads EVER again. :lol:

• Members

I very rarely get invovled with anything y&r_fan says anymore and I don't get caught up in fanbase wars. The only sense of a bad attitude I've given off in this thread so far is with you, after a statement like "that's the difference between you and me" and after in my opinion, you were belittling a certain fanabse without acknowledging that the opposing fanbase can be the same exact way. Hell, all fanbases really.

I do agree that calling someone names shouldn't be in this thread. So, let's move on...

• Members

The Y&R thread should be a fraction of its current size. Honestly, the thread = 10% talking about the show + 90% fighting over Colleen/Lily/Sharon/Phyllis.

BTW, I wish Michael Grazadei had as vocal and strong a fanbase (now there is a talented young actor). Maybe that would encourage him to stay on when his contract comes up for renewal in a couple of months.

• Members

Okay what examples do you bring to the table of Phick fans being crazy? Recent ones even?

Yet I think it goes without saying that within any fanbase there are people who may take it to the extreme limits. Or take it too seriously. Most recently it seems like fans of the Noah and Luke fanbase are the status quo as the "rabid fanbase" on the internet. Yet that doesn't make me hate Nuke nor do I think their fanbase as a whole is entirely crazy. Regarding Shick fans it was them that was mentioning the end of Phick. The only thing I heard from Phick fans was how desperate Sharon was/is (and she is a desperate woman). Also the calls of "sharwhore", etc...etc. Which is nothing compared to the stuff Shick fans say about Phyllis who to them might as well be The Devil Incarnate...lol.

LMAO....I apologize for my part in that.

Anyways I LOVED Jack's scenes with the baby and Chloe. Especially how he welcomed her to the family. I expected him to come off false but it sounded really genuine and I think it's a credit to PB's acting skills. Plus I think Jack as a character truly does feel like Chloe is a member of the family thru Cordelia and as such will go all out to make her feel welcome.

HOPEFULLY Billy can rise to the occasion. I hate how they have him looking so indecisive and so much like a child.

• Members

Me too. They are wasting him at the time and it seems they really aren't invested in Danmber anymore, but where else could you go with this storyline anyway? If he chooses to stay, I wonder what will be the next step for him...

It's no wonder Jack is acting that way... the baby is an Abbott, and Jack is all about family ever since he spent that much time with the mansion empty.

I like that Billy is indecisive; if he was all grown up and responsible it wouldn't be so much fun.

• Members

I like Damber a lot -- and this is coming from somebody who used to refer to Amber as "Ambarf" on B&B.

I think Damber could be a great on-off-on long-term couple down the line. As for Daniel, I honestly think he needs an affair with an older woman at some point to really bring him from the College Crowd to Y&R's adult roster.

Also Daniel & Kevin? Love. You can just feel that friendship, you know?

• Members

Isn't it funny how Amber is 29 and not considered the adult roster? I never watched B&B, so I can't comment, but she is doing a great job ever since MAB took over.

For some reason, I don't feel the Daniel/Jana thing, if they are really testing it. They don't seem as exciting together.

What are you talking about now? I was posting my opinion on the constant fights, not attacking anyone.

• Members

sidenote, dmarex have you watched the web series "Angel of Death" with Vail yet? We've not seen her yet in it but it was quite fun--and she looks AMAZING in the photos!!!

I did love Jack with those scenes with the baby and getting Chloe and Billy to talk more--and I love how unconventional they are--and the different layers to the relationship.

• Members

I like how Billy's doubts and skepticism is being played up. If he was all happy and embracing Chloe and the baby, the story would be over and boring. Unlike Jack, Billy has to have doubts about marrying Chloe. He still has feelings for Lily and knows how flaky Chloe can be at times. I don't like how certain Jack is that Billy should marry Chloe, but it all adds to the tension and the conflict which I am really enjoying so I'm going with the flow. I would like to see Chloe have a love interest, maybe someone from her past who tempts her away from building a life with Billy and back to her party girl days.

Archived