Y&R: Week of February 09, 2009

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I completely agree. She was not the weakest link in the cog today. Nor can I understand the need to compare her to the other two adult Colleens. Maybe this is just me but I saw nothing special in either Fonseca OR Leon. The only thing different this time around is the fact that they miscast an Australian actress as an midwestern American girl. So we have scenes with Tammin trying to hide her accent and failing a bit. But I completely disagree that any of the previous actors could have made the scenes better.

Actually, to be honest, the weak link actually has been, IMO, NuAbby. Of course, I usually don't like "Vally Girl" type characters so maybe it's more a factor of my taste versus any talent. But an actress/actor should be able to rise above such stigmas.

And another unpopular opinion, I'm liking this Eden more and more. Eden's scenes with Noah (even with the original Eden) have always been the standout ones. I'm really liking that young romance.

• Members

Noah and Eden don't bug me. Eden is a sixteen year old kid, and she acts like it. Does she annoy me? Sure. At times. But then again, most sixteen year olds do. As long as they continue the multi-generational storytelling, and continue to play the FANTASTIC dynamic of LeBlanc/Bregman trying to be parents to a rebellious teen, it doesn't bother me. And she and Noah can be very sweet together at times. They feel smitten, awkward, and completely uncomfortable with their emotions. Geek love at its finest.

• Members

Regarding the Colleen issue, I frequent a lot of boards and in the last week I have seen an overwhelming amount of support for Tammin. Hell, even Nelson Branco is singing her praises! Of course, I know there are still some who don't like her - mainly AL fanatics and nitpickers whining about the accent and her supposed inability to cry on cue (which a lot of actors can't do, by the way) - and that's fine. But even the staunchest Tammin hater has to admit that she has gained a lot of fans during this storyline. She has more than proven herself worthy of this role and this show. And IMO, there's no freakin' way Leon would have done even half as good of a job.

I too wondered if this may be Colleen's last hurrah, but not anymore. I can tell that they're going to expand her role and make her more prominent. Sure, she's been sidelined for the last year or so, but so has Paul. Does that mean Doug Davidson is getting the chop? No. Have Winsor Harmon and Lesli Kay been fired from B&B? No. Characters come back from the backburner all the time. The writers have the power to do that, and in Colleen's case, I'm sure they will.

• Members

I also don't understand the lovefest, and you just know something fishy is going on when she's able to hold onto the role for such a long time.

Still, she finally got some time to show off her talents. Some were satisfied (probably only because she stood up to Victor and the newer fans hate Victor, that's why they like anyone who goes up against him) and some were not.

She went to

Hmmmm... she may have gained a fan or two, but she didn't do much else, IMO.

• Members

See, this is perfectly right, and it speaks to the Colleen issue too. Tammin Sursock is NOT the weakest, greenest actress on this show. Indeed, I think (and trust me...I'm shocked a bit to be writing this) she even has some strengths vis-a-vis Christel Khalil.

I think it is admirable that, rather than just shuck her, the show is trying to evolve the role to fit her.

As for Eden, it goes beyond her being "annoying" at times. The actress is really quite weak, and this is all the more evident when she plays next to Noah....who is a FIND. At the same time, two separate castings of Eden have now yielded a similar "type"...which makes it fairly clear that that's how the show WANTS Eden to be. So, then, we should all just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Abby is also terribly weak. I mean, sometimes, I think "Charity Rahmer weak". But...she's 14, and I buy her as a stuck up, privileged, clueless little girl. She is going to make LOTS of mistakes...and that is the whole point of soap opera.

• Members

I'm just glad she's gone

. You can't tell me you expected the writers to actually start writing for the character?

They also seem to be lazy to write for other characters too, hopefully they'll correct that. They desperately need someone to revive the Winters clan. It's so tragic what's going on there.

• Members

She's FOURTEEN?!?! No kidding... well, that certainly explains a lot then.

I actually love the concept of Abby vs. Eden on paper, and this story sets it up so well. I love that it's the next generation of Abbotts vs. Fisher-Baldwins, and I love that Lauren (the original Mean Girl) is the mother-figure to the goth-girl. Nice irony there. But yeah - I'm not sure either actress is experienced enough to play it beyond "yelling louder than the other one is". But I do understand the story potential re: heading in that direction, so I'm willing to give it a few months and see if the actresses grow into it. I just hope there's an acting coach on set.

• Members

Eden was totally a useless character, just like her father. Another two failed creations by the head writers (following Ana and Tyra). They do so much better with existing characters. Do they know how to cause conflict or some sort of a fight between Michael and Lauren that doesn't evolve around other people? It's either Gloria or Eden (described as mini-Gloria by DeeDee). It's all the same, yet this time there's this annoying kid (not that Gloria is any better, just Chapman has more talent).

• Members

Sorry but I think Monday's show showed just that. I didn't mind TS on Friday in the role, but as it all played out, she just fell flat. The fight with Victor didn't work at all--the build up of Colleen's anger didn't work, it just came off as whinning and nothing else--and then the freak out. The total change of emotions didn't feel real, but more like there wasn't a clear focus on what TS wanted her character to be feeling.

The instant bitch Colleen is getting old too.

Sorry, for the half of dozen shows Hayley has been on, she's doing a LOT better with the material.

Archived