GL: February Discussion

• Members

Just have to say... another soaptastic day today!! Wow.. this whole episode just left me... speechless...

From Otalia to Josh/Shayne/Dinah/Reva/Jeffrey/Edmund... today was a stellar Emmy-worthy day with amazing performances from all involved...

And the icing on the cake, finally a Marina free day! :D

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Question! I missed the last, like, 5 minutes of the show Friday. Was there a Phillip cliffhanger there at all? If not, there should have been. And I'm not counting the next week preview btw.

Overall, a fairly decent show. I liked the Shayne/Dinah/Edmund/Josh portion of it and the Coop/Beth/Buzz scenes were quite good. Even though I must say that of all the recent returns, Edmund is the one I question the most because it just seems that there is no need for him on the canvas IMO. And the whole "Lara is my daughter" part rings a tad false for me. That usually happens with revisionist history though. Not to mention that I always loved Edmund much better when he was involved with the Spauldings. Alex and Edmund made quite the power couple.However, watching a mourning Shayne try to overcome his grief and move on with Dinah, while the rest of his family is hoping that Dianh will just back away is priceless.

Now, I must vent because there was one weak link in the episode and his name was Jeffrey. God, B. Coli hasn't improved in all these years?! Incredible! He's still mediocrity's poster boy, isn't he? Time to reunite Reva and Josh and have the show's signature couple delve into a story that dives into their complex relationship and send Jeffrey to the woodchipper or a trash compactor a la David Kimble.

Oh, and get rid of that damn theme music. Thank you. Overall, it was a positive experience. Now, on to Phillip! EEE!

• Members

Edmund is back because his fans wanted him back and his return has woke up boring GL - liked Lara with Edmund in the flashbacks - it's a soap hope Lara and her baby are alive - could see why Shayne loved her with that beautiful smile - Dinah has no right to judge anyone - she got away with killing Hart and have a terrible feeling she will get away with her part in Lizzie kidnapping - however the most important thing is DAM [Edmund]is back on GL and the show is getting good feedback about Eddie's return and hope the will keep him for good

B)

• Members

No, there wasn't a Phillip cliffhanger. The ending was Buzz locking Coop in the basement at Marina's house to keep him from going after Beth. Coop was banging on the door demanding to be let out but he thought it was Alan who'd locked him in.

I agree with pretty much everything. I also don't really see the need for Edmund, especially back in Reva and her family's orbit. Frankly, I never liked Edmund because he's such a violent nutcase, but since DAM is such a good actor, if they follow through on his grief over Lara and how it might have truly changed him and don't turn this into just another lame Psycho-Eddie revenge scheme, I could really like this character for once and see him having a place in Springfield. And he and Alex were awesome and could be again. He could become comfortable in the Spaulding lifestyle without returning to his baby-killing psycho ways.

I like everything about this. Dinah and Shayne have explosive chemistry and so do Dinah and Reva. It just works, especially since Mallet's turned into such a pud that I can't imagine Dinah even wanting him anymore.

The amazing thing is that I think he keeps degressing. He's getting worse by the year. I can't even imagine how horrid he'll be in three years. :o

I think calling it mediocrity is being quite generous.

Amen! They REALLY need to move on that.

• Members

Whenever I watch a scene with Reva/Jeffrey/Josh it's just so weird to me. Reva should be having Josh's baby, not Jeffrey's, even though she's in her 50s. I could have possibly accepted this late in life pregnancy over time, but to have such a thing happen, and Jeffrey be the father? It's more like a spit in the face to Jeva fans everywhere, but that's what we've had for the past five years. Don't get me started on the useless Jeffrey O'Neil. If there was ever a more pointless character than him, and to have him spawn one child and have another on the way; sickening.

• Members

Bradley Cole doesn't seem as bad as he used to be. When Jeffrey first arrived, he would have a new accent every day. One day I swore he showed up talking like the Swedish Chef. I was never really a Jeva fan, more of a Reva fan, although I would rather see her with Billy than Jeffrey. One of the reasons I stopped watching on a regular basis earlier this decade was Jeffrey.

I liked Edmund from the start (thanks to DAM's brilliant performance on Another World), and have been continually underwhelmed by the writing for the character. The last time I tuned back in just to see him, I loved seeing him needle Cassie and Josh and Beth, and then he's put into a coma for a sucky Bad Seed storyline. This time he at least has more layers, but I'm afraid they've only brought him back so he can cause Reva to miscarry for some "child for a child" storyline.

• Members

Now *there's* another character that needs to be off the canvas. Bogue's decent, but Mallet has turned into a bit of a mess. I think it's time to rest the character now that Harley is gone.

Ugh. I agree. Hopefully, they won't go in that direction.

• Members

I decided to record GL on Friday since Philip will be back on Monday. I was surprised to see so many great actors(characters) on: Beth, Alan, Coop, Buzz, Dinah, Shayne, Josh and Reva. It was also nice to see Edmund. But Jeffrey must go! I can't stand the actor or character. i can't believe this useless most boringest character I have ever seen is still in Springfield. Jeffrey and Reva have always been blah in so many ways.

All that said ...the production values are still so bad that it is so hard to get pass it. The outdoor shots were done better. At this point I would rather see most of the scenes shot outdoors. The interior scenes are just awful and distract from the actors performances.

• Members

I have to agree. There are several male characters who are more interesting than what Mallet has become and a lot of actors on this show who are more compelling than Bogue is, especially with Aleksander and MacDonald returning and Branson working out so well. ITA that without Harley on the canvas and with Dinah probably far better off story-wise with Shayne, it's time for him to go. Might as well send him to prison for murdering that man in NYC.

• Members

I honestly think that GL should cut Marina, Mallet, Daisy, Grady and Ashlee go and they will be in much better shape. All of those characters are utterly useless. I would even say Remy and Christina could go but I like that they actually have some black characters and they seem to be going somewhere with them; I enjoy the revitalisation of the Boudreaux family and wish Mel and Rick would reconcile.

Also, I enjoy how Philips return isnt the only storyline right now; what's going on with Edmund and Shayne is really interesting, as well as his relationship with Dinah, which has a lot more depth to it than meets the eye.

• Members

I've been too burned by past writing teams to be happy just because history is referenced, but I smiled when Alan reminded Lizzie of when he used to teach her about the stock market. Considering how GL bungled some of their kids (don't even get me started about Ben), they've done a good job with Lizzie. Marcy Rylan has more than made Lizzie her own...I'd say she's my favorite of any of the Lizzies. She's come a long way from the days when Lizzie only existed to be a foil for "Jammy".

Not being a huge fan of Jenna and Buzz back in the day, I was still pleased to see her again, in an offbeat use of the visiting ghost cliche. I liked Buzz pulling her onto the couch for some action (before he woke up). I wondered if they were going to mention their other son, the one in London, but I guess not.

A lot of the stuff in the recent episodes has been some of the small moments, the simple conversations and family bonds which GL dumped years ago. It's unfair to put too much focus on improvement because I don't know how much improvement is even possible with their budget and the clock ticking and all the writing change, but I think the show is getting better.

I also feel like Alan is being written in a more Alan-like fashion. He's not quite as cartoonish and he's more into playing head games instead of ordering hits or violence.

• Members

Whole show

http://rapidshare.com/files/196130595/2-09_Whole_show.wmv

All of the following clips can either be watched online by clicking on the first link or downloaded to your harddrive by clicking the second link.

Lead-up to Phillip's appearance-Part 1Beth at the church dreaming about Coop, Alan confronts her, then calls Coop as his car crashes

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/Yoda...ptoPhillip1.flv

http://rapidshare.com/files/196133685/2-09...o_Phillip_1.wmv

Lead-up to Phillip's appearance-Part 2Beth confronts Alan and says that she can't go through with his but he threatens her again, Coop is bleeding in his burning car and Phillip runs up to help, when he sees the injured drivers face, he's stunned.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/Yoda...ptoPhillip2.flv

http://rapidshare.com/files/196134916/2-09...o_Phillip_2.wmv

Our first glimpses of Phillip:

Phillip1.jpgPhillip2.jpg

Buzz is visited by Jenna

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i96/Yoda...aVisitsBuzz.flv

http://rapidshare.com/files/196132085/2-09...Visits_Buzz.wmv

BJ1.jpgBJ2.jpg

BJ3.jpgBJ4.jpg

Archived