GL: February Discussion

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dan, if I'd been posting on this board in 1994, 1996, or 2003-2005, I'd probably have worn out my ##$*&#$(*#@)( keys. Strangely enough, when I watch old GL clips it somehow adds to my opinion of the current show, instead of doing what I expected, making me see the current show as unwatchable. I guess since GL is so close to the end I've realized good or bad GL is an institution and I don't want to be released.

If the reports are true about Jill Lorie Hurst being the main writer now it just shows what GL needed was a headwriter who actually knows and respects the history of the show and has been around long enough to know how to tell a story. All the years of Kreizman, Ellen Weston, Lucky Gold...they wasted so many chances. I'd really like to see GL get that one last chance.

I hope GL can do something about Dylan. Recast and bring him back to either deal with Daisy or leave town with her. I never bought Brian Gaskill in the role, although the show never even tried to make him work.

Sounds good, Rakesh, I can't wait to watch later.

• Members

It was really an all around fantastic show today. Other than the one scene with Marina, it was riveting.

Ron Raines, Beth Chamberlain and Crystal Chappell owned today's show. OWNED. Crystal, in particular, was amazing. In one speech she showed 10 years worth of character growth. And like I read today, is putting on a master class in guarded longing.

If this is what we have to look forward to under JLH, then all this show needs is time to regain it's audience.

• Members

With the exception of a Marina sighting today, today was pretty damn good.

I can't believe I'm enjying the show again.

I'm not usually into the Coop/Beth story, but today I was. I also noticed that despite the toll everyone has gone under since the new filming technique started, BC has remained sexy as ever, looking almost flawless.

• Members

After so many years of Olivia being given the most ludicrous stories possible (weren't there rumors CC even tried to get out of her contract a few years ago), I'm glad they're finally giving her some character-based, constructive material. Olivia is a great character when they try to write for her.

I'm also happy to see viewers get the chance to see a same-sex family, whether that family ends in romance or friendship. With so much fearmongering going on these days, it's something viewers could use a dose of.

• Members

Today's episode was just... wow... just... wow...

Everyone was at the top of their game today! Olivia/Doris - great dialogue and needed to be done... I think Olivia finally verbalized her feelings about Natalia without even knowing she was doing it... Doris: "I wish a man would talk about me the way you just talked about her"... it's so freakin' obvious to everyone they talk to about each other!! Okay, almost everyone... there is Frank... but then what is ever been obvious to Frank?!

Ron Raines was really great today.. loved the scenes with him and Beth C. and Justin D. JD played Coop perfectly today, almost made me wish he wasn't leaving the show.. I've always thought of Coop as a tool (he is a Cooper!), but today after Beth broke things off and then the scenes with Buzz at the end.. Perfect.

I really enjoyed Remy and Christina today also... they are really starting to grow on me.. loved them after the guy left and Remy almost kissed her... would love to see Ava come back now.. I'd be hard-pressed to decide which woman I'd want Remy with...

This show would have been sooooooo Emmy-worthy if not for one thing:

Marina. UGH. Is it wrong that I hope she dies in the mountains on this trip with Mallet?!

Oh yeah, and if I wasn't before... I <3 CC/Olivia...

• Members

Ain't THAT the truth! When Reva said "I hope Dinah finds a new playmate and leaves my son alone." I nearly busted a gut.

EDIT: BTW Toupsy, let's not bring in that horrid Jon and spoil such a pleasant GL conversation, lmao.

• Members

Archived