Clint Ritchie has passed away

• Members

How sad. He was just 70 and should have had many more years to look forward to.

Clint Ritchie was an integral part of what made OLTL so fun in the 1980s. This guy they have playing his role now may be a good actor, I don't know, but he is no Clint. There is only one true Clint Buchanan and may he rest in peace.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, what a surprise. I was lucky enough to have seen Clint and Clint back in their heyday when they both started on OLTL in 1979. I remember his very first scene! He came to see Joe Riley at the Banner, because Joe, knowing he was dying, was looking for his replacement. Clint was quickly thrown into a convoluted story/romance with Pat and Maggie Ashley which quickly fizzled. It was clear that he and Viki were meant to be. Clint and Erika Slezak had undeniable chemistry back in the day, and their romance was allowed to build over a few years before they were married and became a Llanview institution. Along the way, Clint dabbled with Edwina Lewis, Julia Medina, and Carlotta Vega. But Viki and Clint were the supercouple on the show for a decade.

Clint was a strong and masculine presence in Llanview for years. He, along with Bob Woods and Phil Carey changed the face and flavor of the show. What a sad day to lose one more link to the past. RIP, Mr. Ritchie. Thanks for the years of entertainment and dedication to the character you played.

Archived