AMC Question

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been able to find some scenes from before the guests all arrive (Joe showing Ruth around their new house and her feeling like something is missing; Dixie worried that "the others" won't be able to get to the surprise part because of a snowstorm; as well as some Janet/Palmer/Daisy and Erica/Dimitri/Mark stuff) and the closing credits over a scene of Ruth making a speech to all the guests, but none of the material in-between. And I've been looking for several months now.

Here's the link for the credits: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=V14qlKj0DxQ

• Members

yeah but at least they updated it a few times to include moving shots and they remixed the song with a more upbeat version. Still nothing beats the Yellow Album opening from 2002 with the early 90s theme. I hate that it only lasted for a short time

• Members

I remember praying that that white linen opening and melancholy theme were only for anniversary week. I mean, how could they!? I also liked the 2002 opening, it didn't last nearly long enough and I think the cast's character's names in their own handwriting was the best part of that ABC names in the credits trend. Also liked how Erica had two versions of beauty shots in the credits.

• Members

I don't want to hijack this thread and make it about openings, but I still like the one that Felicia Minei Behr introduced at the 20 year mark with the photos and the album, the one that followed the original opening . And how could you not love the theme music, the way it built tension in the first act and then led into the opening. That's a great way to create drama. They need to get back to doing that.

• Members

AGREED! Classic. AMC's 1990-1995 I think rivals Nadia's theme as the best soap theme in existence. Oh it was so good. The visuals too were so groundbreaking for its time. It makes today's incarnation look cheap.... and we are supposedly way ahead in technology :huh:

• Members

I have no scientific proof of this, but I feel that when this opening was abandoned, the ratings started to slowly erode. Where's our resident statistician, MarkH? Can you do an analysis for us? I'd like to see how these two variables are correlated.

Archived