January 19-23, 2009

Toups

• Members

I don't think Days will drop.

I think Days has more "new, young" viewers than they are given credit for.

Those people do not care about D&D.

I think Dena writes a relatively harmless show (granted, one with no vision or point of view)

I think her writing will appeal to alot of people. Especially with the right actors.

So I say it will hold in the 2.1- 2.3 area depending on the time of year.

I fear OLTL is on the beginning of a decline. That 1.7 showed a complete lack of interest- and AMC did not have a 1.7, so OLTL is even starting to lose AMC's paltry lead in. Not good. (yeah I know its a Friday)... And ALL of their demos SUCK (well except the 12-17 which seems to be all over the place). OLTL at least had a solid 18-49 not that long ago- Now even that is gone.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

days ratings will always up up and down. to the extreme. it has an extreme audiance, and it shows. IMHO.

and it has nothing to do with how good or how bad or whos on. the audiance is just... well crazy! lol.

and i wsih with the DTV switchover they could start counting every tv.

• Members

I have to say, I'm actually kind of upset that ATWT went up in 18-49 demos last boring, nonsensical week ... They will think that their repetitive Craig/Carly/Dusty/Paul/Meg stuff actually works at bringing in the key numbers and not care so much that they went down in total viewers last week. So there may well be even more from the airhogs Craig, Dusty, and Meg in the future.

Stuff like this makes me see why soaps don't seem to think much of the caliber of their audience sometimes.

• Members

True. Pratt is a horribly bad unoriginal writer. He is tanking AMC even further these days. Pratt needs to be shown the door.However the crux of the real problem for ABC is Frons continuing to run their soaps into the ground. Nothing good will change until Frons is gone for good.

• Members

LOL who can forget the sanctification of the piglet, Prass is probably doing Frons SO proud :rolleyes:

LMFAO are you serious? She came back YESTERDAY, these ratings are for last week.

OMG dp, this is seriously sad

I have a feelings ratings will go up for Friday the 30th. I hope you like crow dp :P

• Members

She was just back this week. In what universe. Maybe she didn't speak until this week, but she was on almost everyday last week and a whole story was about her.

And if we want to start pointing fingers at someone being the reason ratings are up then we have to look at the declining ratings for the last almost 2 years when someone was on almost everyday.

• Members

Word. I don't know why people throw so much hate her way. The woman is just working her business. I really think these short term contract gigs are going to become the norm more and more and not just for returns. Shows need to save money and they can do that by keeping a smaller core cast with all those vets people love so much and bringing people in on short-term story dependent contracts.

• Members

For me it is not hate. All it is with this is that Bianca's stories esp. the last 2 should have been long term stories to tell them right and it couldn't be done with an actress that won't commit to longer. It is a sweet deal for Eden and I don't blame her for taking advantage of it.

I just wish that TPTB at AMC would take a chance and not think that she can't be recast. I feel they think her fan base is large enough that a recast won't be accepted.

With the move in the last few years to make Erica and her brood center Bianca is needed and if Eden won't stay long term then replace her. That is not offense to Eden but I am thinking of what is best for the show. And I think Bianca is needed because she is a good counterbalance to Erica and Kendall plus even with her flaws she is unlike most of the other female characters on the show who are all reformed bitches who have no trouble falling back into bitch mode whenever they feel like it.

• Members

I think THAT's the real problem. I love Eden. I've always come and gone with her. Once she's gone I'll go back to watching the Hubbards in clips. But I think the real reason Binks isn't on the canvas isn't Eden it's because they really don't know what to do with her since they can't/won't treat her like any other character on the show. Until they commit to the character, it doesn't matter who plays her.

Archived