January 19-23, 2009

Toups

• Members

I agree. I think they would almost prefer to not have Bianca on the show full time, because they would have to figure out what to do about her love life. I think if they did have her return, they would probably have her decide she's bisexual. I don't know if I can see Pratt being able to resist a Bianca/Zach/Kendall triangle.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've never really thought of it from that perspective but I think you hit the nail on the head.

It's not so much that AMC is at Eden's mercy or that she's using poor AMC. AMC is also using her, they clearly don't want to write a thorough lesbian storyline, but they've put themself in a corner that they can't get out of with her, and so this revolving door relationship they have works for both sides. Works for both sides unless Eden has an issue with the writing that overlaps her enjoyment of the paycheck.

• Members

I think next week's ratings should be interesting as this was kind of a weird week for soaps with the huge pre-emptions last week. Everything is guaranteed to go up after a bad week.

OLTL is actually starting to turn into a watchable show again with the whole Matthew and Cole drug situation so they deserve to go up next week.

The unwatchable show that become AMC is the reason why its good to have alternatives like B&B b/c that show is on fire with their classic writing bringing the family scandals to the forefront.

• Members

OLTL deserves to be the 2nd highest rated soap, but mark my words, it is on the beginning of a steep decline... It is very stylized and with a definite tone. And the general audience doesn't like it. lolllll. I do. 1.9 to 1.8, at which point I expect Ron to me demoted or gets a co headwriter (which I don't think is a bad idea)

B&B- I have been loving this return to classic B&B storytelling, but the dialogue and performances are embarrassing- The worst on television today.

Archived