New Writers!

• Members

I know we do this every so often here, but with so many soaps in desperate need of a writing change, who would you like to see writing your soap?

Here's my ideas:

AMC- Claire Labine or Edward Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz (of thirtysomething, My So-Called Life, Relativity fame)

ATWT- Bridget Dobson

DAYS- Lucky Gold

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take a stab at it:

AMC: Love the idea of Labine with her children, Eleanor and Matthew

ATWT: I used to want Gary Tomlin but now my mind has shifted to a team of Patrick Mulcahey/Kay Alden or Lucky Gold/Donna Swajeski

B&B: I would love to see Charles Pratt and Gary Tomlin and Meg Bennett work there. They were good together at Sunset Beach; so give it to them with Brad Bell as consultant

Days: I want the Dobsons back and I think Days is the show for them; If not them give Karen Harris a chance. Her online shows were pretty good.

GH: Ryan Murphy (I want him on a daytime show so bad)

GL: Michael Malone & Josh Griffith (they were good at one time; I still have hope they can recapture the magic)

OLTL: keep Ron but give him a co-head someone like Carolyn Culliton or Richard Culliton

Y&R: no changes for now

• Members

AMC: I totally agree about the Labines.

I also would like to see someone from the Nixon family at AMC. Agnes' son-in-law, David Hiltbrand, is a writer and wrote for the show during her last stint as headwriter. He was just a scriptwriter but he could be trained, in part by Agnes herself, for a higher level position. I believe Agnes also has a daughter, Cathy Chicos, who used to write for AMC.

• Members

Oooh, Donna would be GOLD but I don't want her as a co-head. She's much better when she's on her own IMO.

With DAYS, I'd drop about half the cast, including Melanie, Chloe, Daniel, Lucas, Rafe, Steve, Kayla among others that I can't think of right now. I'd bring Nicholas Alamain back for Kate, but only after she re-married Victor. Without a doubt, Viv & Ivan would be back on the canvas, as well as Celeste. Maggie would be put in a front burner story- she'd have an affair with another man and be caught by Mickey, who would have a heart attack and die at the site of his beloved Maggie with another man- Peter Blake! Maggie would go back to the bottle and turn into a total bitch on wheels, alienating her friends & family for the man she'd be sleeping with. That man would turn out to be married to none other than Liz Chandler, who would return to the scene and a bitter, nasty rivalry would ensue. Max & Chelsea would break up and Chelsea would explore the feelings that she's been developing to her close girlfriend, the newly returned Jack Deveraux. Doug & Julie would be featured and become the patriarch & matriarch of the show.

That's all I've got for now, but there would be more to come.

• Members

Interesting, but Peter Blake!!! why not have an affair with Victor starting a big feud with Caroline and leading Mickey into the arms of Caroline. Kate gets involved with Roman again much to Sami's dismay. After Kate gets kidnapped by Stefano and presumed dead, Roman starts a Romance with the newly returned Dr. Laura Horton (Jamie Lyn Bauer/Linda Dano). A woman (Anna Holbrook) comes to town looking for her beloved Forrest Alamain with their daughter (Lesli Kay) in tow, leading to the return of Healed John and Marlena and we learn he is really Forrest Alamain, and no more F****** with John's past again. Everyone goes on the search for Colleen son which lead them to the real DiMera/Brady, which is why Shawn died cause his many lies cause him to have an heart attack. The DiMeras and The Bradys are close than they think, Shawn Colleen, Molly, Stefano and others are actually half siblings. Shawn and Stefano hired the fake Colleen (Shirley Jones) to pretend to be Shawn's sister and they forge the letters to lead the family on and to never learn the truth.

• Members

Nancy Curlee on any damn soap she wants to write. GL has sadly most of its heart and soul, so a return there wouldn't do her much good. I'd love to see what she would do with ATWT, of course Goutman would have to kicked out with Passanante as well.

I'd love to see the Dobson's tackle AMC, they know how to intelligently mold humour and gripping drama together.

• Members

B&B: Christian McLaughlin.

DAYS: I wouldn't wish Corday on any writer. I'd take a stab at it myself though!

Y&R: I'm perfectly happy with the current team. The addition of Casiello will just sweeten the pot.

ATWT: Bob Guza. Don't ask me why, I'm not even sure. I just see him doing interesting things with the canvas.

GL: Put it out of its misery. No writer should have their work brought to life with their cheap ass backseat production values.

OLTL: Kay Alden.

AMC: Hmm... hmm... I'm not sure.

GH: Hogan Sheffer. Much like Guza at ATWT, I'm not entirely sure why this sounds good to me, but the thought is quite intriguing.

• Members

For GL, the first order of business for any writer should be to write out Grady, Daisy, Marina, and Christina. Use the money to recast a couple of Bauers and Reardons. Write triangles that we could be invested in, such as Shayne/Dinah/Mallet, Josh/Reva/Jeffrey, Billy/Vanessa/Matt and a quadrangle with Rick/Olivia/Natalia/Frank. Reunite Phillip/Beth and let Bill/Lizzie be happy for a while. Give Spaulding back to the Spauldings, but the Lewises get Lewis Oil back. Company is returned to the Reardons and Buzz reopens the 5th Street diner. This show needs more "business" and not just Alan trying to manipulate Lizzie and Bill trying to take over Spaulding. The production values don't bother me so much, it's the writing that needs to be there. The last week or so, GL has shown bright spots, they just need that consistency. Oh yeah, and move stories forward a lot faster. I just hope a year from now we're not waiting for the Nat/Liv and Bill/Lizzie stories to move along.

Archived