New Writers!

• Members

Well, me, obviously, for B&B. :lol: To restore balance, pace, fashion and romance to the show. I want it to be the best that it can be.

Failing that, Richard and Esther Shapiro (Dynasty's creators, EPs and HWs). I think B&B would be right up their street. Bradley Bell to EP.

For GH, I think Claire Labine and Karen Harris as co-HWs would be a great team. Keeping a lot of the current dialogue writers in place, with Patrick Mulcahey back and possibly Bridget Dobson in a consulting role. Wendy Riche to EP.

Days should have Toups as JER's heir and Sheri Anderson in some writing capacity, because nobody does romance like her. I'm also wondering whether I would give Tom Casiello another stab at the show here. He does love Days so.

Y&R and OLTL already have good teams in place, IMO. With OLTL, it is the network interference and directives from on high which contribute to problems.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm over Stefano and his many siblings and his half this, half that. Stefano needs to be restored as the take no prisoners son of a b!tch he was in the 80s. As for Mickey, he died when John Clarke retired. You don't recast someone who played a role for nearly 40 years- if the person wants to retire, then you retire the damn character. John Ingle was NOT Mickey, and Kevin Dobson certainly isn't.

AMEN to Mickey. As for the Koz, sorry, but the character of Kate used to be fiesty, multi-dimensional, and have some class. When Koslow took over, she became a total shrew from day one. She hasn't reverted back since. Koslow plays Kate one-note. And it's flat.

Oh, and CAT FOR PREZ OF CBS DAYTIME!!!!

• Members

LOL, much as I *ADORE* the power rush at the very idea of being CBS prez, I could never do it because I only watch the Bell shows on CBS and it wouldn't be fair to the P&G soaps who need a lot of TLC right now.

DES, I am always available for BtH! But I thought it was going to be an evening soap on F/X? That way you wouldn't be hamstrung by network interference about content.

• Members

GL:

The obit writer at the New York Times?

Seriously, I will say that there are, for the first time in awhile, some threads that a new writer could pick up on and attempt to turn the show around. As much as I find Natalia a waste of space and Olivia a used-up character, a story about two woman confronting doubts about their sexuality, especially after all the horrible heterosexual relationships Olivia has had in the past, could be fascinating if done well and with maturity and sensitivity.

We have Billy and Vanessa in each other's orbit again. Write a grand, slow-boiling reunion story for them. I'd even bring back Hope Bauer and add her and Alan into the mix, which would bring some humanity back into the old fuddy-duddy Spaulding. But beyond anything, I would stay away from any business stories. Not only do they NOT work well with the new format, but GL hasn't done business well since Jenna and Roger's takeover of Spaulding in 1993.

Phillip's returning, so write a good romantic story for him. Maybe with Beth? Use this story to explain why Beth has been acting the way she has for years and use it to respectfully delve into the roots of Phillip's psyche without turning him into some cartoon. The man has always had psychological issues. He married a woman and named his daughter the same name as his mother, or who he thought was his mother. Come on now! Delve into that! Focus on Phillip attempting to salvage his relationship with his children.

Use Rick in a meaningful story. Personally, I would give my left arm if it would bring back Peter Simon. Just the presence that man has will inject heart and soul into the show just like when he returned in 2002. The effect was IMMEDIATE.

Get rid of all the rest of the flotsam and jetsom like Cyrus, Grady, Daisy, Rafe, Ashlee, Doris, Jeffrey. Put the couples that have really sparked back together: Dinah and Mallet, Reva and Josh.

Use the reintroduction of Shayne to begin a young love story with Marina and show the couple as they transition between young sweethearts to serious couple. Bring back Marah with a talented actress and use her as a parallel to the old Reva character -- sexy, sweet, gold-digging, but with a heart of gold.

Use Blake as a pot-boiler but not as some cougar ready to pounce on everything with a penis. Certainly Blake used to be that way, but I maintain that her relationship with Ross changed that and matured her. Even without him, I disagree that she would just simply revert back to old habits. (And she certainly wouldn't stalk people.) Bring back Holly and give her a mother. Meanwhile, Holly finally gets to move on from Roger with a serious relationship with Ed.

God, there is just so much potential with the old girl if someone just gave it the time and a bit more dinero to polish it.

• Members

Oh don't worry. I have. I schedule my days around Y&R right now. It's the closest thing to perfection I've seen in YEARS. :)

I'd do the same for that show, but right now, I'd much prefer to see what MAB has up her sleeve.

Archived