New Writers!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!! You need to submit your Resume to GL at this Moment!!!! More Bauers (The Core Family)!!!!! and More Reardons (The Next Core Family)!!!!! Ellen Wheeler need to hand this all over to you and return to acting at this moment. I just got one wish bring on at least one strong character from Another World and One from ATWT Past or Present cast!

• Members

B&B -- Christian McLaughlin (outlandish at times but would fit)

AMC -- Kay Alden and Charles Pratt (she's traditional and he's modern; I think they could work well together, although two very different writers)

ATWT -- Donna Swajeski (seems like it would be her type of show)

DAYS -- Beth Milstein

GH -- Hogan Sheffer (seems like a type of show he would fit at ... or maybe Jack Smith or Garin Wolfe)

GL -- Nancy Curlee (or Pam Long)

OLTL -- no change (maybe try a co-writer for Ron ... Lorraine Broderick)

Y&R -- no change

I would like to see Richard Culliton back at a soap. And Claire Labine. I think Hogan and Claire could be a good team for GH.

As for GL ... they really need to focus back on the Bauers while Days would benefit greatly to re-introduce some Hortons. I always felt that DAYS made a mistake not making Shawn Christian a Mike Horton recast instead of boring horn-dog Daniel. Jeremy could return with a personality transplant and be a love interest for Chelsea. I like Max but I don't see much left for him unless they recast and de-aged Sarah Horton a little bit. Marie or Doug/Julie should take over as matriarch/patriarch. I could go on, really ... haha.

As for GL ... they need an anchor for the show. Bauers. Bauers. Bauers. I wouldn't mind them bringing back Nola and Quint. I'm ready for them to give Lizzie a break, in all honesty. Grady, Daisy, Cyrus ... need to go. They should cut their losses with Mel and Remy. Seriously. Yawn. THey should bring back Mindy for Rick or maybe a recast Roxie. Put Beth and Phillip back together. Alan needs a strong love interest, but i can't determine who it could be, maybe Josh and Billy's sister, Trish. They should make better use of Blake. Bring Holly back, and Fletcher as well. Use Lillian and Buzz more. Billy/Vanessa/Matt triangle. Shayne/Mallet/Dinah triangle. They should also try to lure Peter Simon back.

• Members

I love your ideas also, KMan. Yes I think days should have brought back Mike Horton, but with someone much older than Shawn Christian. Mike suppose to be in his 50's, because they SORAS him to an adult in the seventies and he was paired with Patty Weaver (ex-Trish, Days; Gina, Y&R). I love the thought of giving Alan Spaulding a story away from Phillip. give him a lover (Holly, Felicia Gallant, Trish Lewis, Lucinda Walsh) and bring back Joan Collins as Alexandra Spaulding, she played the part similar to Beverlee's Alex from clips i seen on you tube. Marj has nothing on those divas. KMan, you and Phoenix should do a GL fan fic together!!!!

• Members

I've never seen what was so great about that woman. :unsure:

I found her AW to be average run of the mill soap opera, both when it was originally airing and then again when I re-watched it on SoapNet. Compared to what other soaps were producing at that time, her stuff just doesn't compare and add up to me. Her storylines just felt so flat and hollow to me. I guess compared to the successive writing regimes at AW she was good and consistent, but I'm so "meh" on her overall work. Not to mention, her role as Co-HW on GL over the last several years wasn't exactly a high point for the show.

• Members

My issues: I want Liz Chandler back on the canvas (being Dr. Neil Curtis, I thought you'd appreciate that). I want Maggie to have a female rival. I want Mickey dead. Deborah Adair would be back as Kate Roberts. Linda Dano is all wrong for the role of Laura Horton. And the last thing we need is Colleen Brady back on the canvas.

As for Caroline, she remains on the backburner. Kate/Victor/Vivian STILL have endless possibilities. I'd bring back Marlena & John, but not right away.

Sorry for the disjointed post, but there you have it.

• Members

I respectfully disagree with you there. Donna's AW, while not perfect, was easily the best period of my viewership, spanning from 82-99. I just think that she really 'got' AW and that translated onscreen.

As for her role as co-head at GL, she's been paired with Sh!t-tastic writers that are running amok. I seriously doubt that Ms. Swajeski has much influence over what goes on at GL.

• Members

Junior don't get me wrong i love your ideas especially Deborah back as the Kate I loved. Liz and Maggie I love that idea, but don't kill poor mickey he never is seen already. And God knows I don't want Colleen back, just retool the story where Colleen was fake and the whole story was plotted by Shawn and Stefano to keep everyone from learning that they are actually siblings, same mother, different father. I would love to see Viv back and out for Vic's love again.

• Members

I thought Donna's tenure was the last great long term era of AW, even though I did enjoy Margaret DePriest's short tenure.

I felt Donna was best though when she was using Harding LeMay's outlines. That was her best time. When those started to run out I felt she lost some of her punch, but overall I felt she was a good writer.

AW really suffered after the loss of Harding LeMay even though I am one of those that feels that Harding LeMay was the reason for some of the later problems with AW including him being the one who is the reason the Matthews family disappeared. And that is what ultimately ripped the heart and foundation out of the show.

At the same time NBC and P&G deserved a lot of the blame.

From 1964 to 1979 there were 5 headwriting regimes in 15 years. In the next 15 years, there were 17 different headwriting regimes. And then add 10 more regimes till the show went off in 1999 - so in 20 years they had 27 different headwriting regimes. A few of those held on to the previous person and added a co-HW but even with that the focus of the show shifted.

NBC was after that GH audience and they or P&G didn't give a writer a chance before getting rid of them and moving on to the next great thing. you cannot change focus of a show that often and expect it to last.

• Members

Kman on here started to do one once but I don't think he got more than 1 episode written.

I tried one back before I came to SON on another board, but not many followed it because I went back and revisited the past when Alice and Rachel were younger.

Then Matt was going to do one in the same way too. But all he ever did was the cast. I know he had Stephanie Gatschet as Alice and Heather Lindell as Rachel.

That is all that I know.

I have a hard time picking it up from the end, because by that time I was a superficial viewer. I watched but didn't retain anything. AW was my favorite show of all time but by the end I hated what the show had become and even though I saw it getting better it was just still so bad.

Archived