Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw some liberal organ houses like Daily Kos happy about this, but it's hard for me to care, because they aren't icing her based on her views or Trump's views, just on Trump trashing and humiliating them for an extended period. If they'd played along then CNN would have her on all day every day.

• Members

I'm not absolving them of their sins, but CNN has come a long way in a very few months. They and MSNBC have kind of swapped places, while the latter pushes out talent of color for Greta Van Sustern and Megyn Kelly. And I do think CNN (and all media) have rapidly become disgusted with Conway especially.

Meanwhile:

• Members

There's a term called political capital that all new presidents generally have to use at their discretion. 

I feel as if Trump is shooting his entire wad and likely will use up all of his political capital on these stupid initiatives that get dismantled quickly and easily by legal counsel/courts.

He can do this several times for all I care, then if we are fortunate, he'll waste all of that political capital and will soon be rendered useless and by midterms, with the ideal scenario being Trump ending up as totally ineffective for the rest of his term, unable to get any legislation passed and then, he and his entire administration voted out at the first opportunity.  

• Members

I guess good for CNN and all I can say it's about time. Even though they carried the water for Trump for nearly a year, they became the targets for most of the animosity and the chants at his brownshirt rally's but really how was MSNBC any better? Other than the nighttime lineup of Hayes, Maddow, and O'Donnell, the rest of them kissed Trump's you know what as much if not more than CNN, including the coverage of the rally's.

• Members

Yeah, that's bad. We're headed into a time where you don't want to be a poor woman of childbearing age.  Not that I think that was ever an easy thing to be, but there are people in charge who are determined to make it harder.

Overall, I don't know what's going to happen. I think we are lucky that Trump wasn't able (or didn't have the sense) to appoint a bunch of judges before he hatched some of these EO's.  Aren't there a ton of federal judges waiting to be appointed because Obama was blocked from making them? I'm talking about the lower courts here not SCOTUS.  I could have sworn I read that, but I can't remember for sure.

ETA: Found an article on it. There are 100 spaces for Trump to fill. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-elect-donald-trump-could-make-over-100-judicial-appointments/

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

I don't know if it's yet mentioned here, but in Trump's interview with Bill O'Reilly he says the US is no better than Russia and Putin when O'Reilly asked him about Putin being a murderer. Obviously even FOX viewed this as a frightening statement if that's the clip they're using to promote this interview. How will republicans and the media give him a pass for this. He literally will attack and insult ANYONE except Russia and now is to the point where he's saying Putin and his crimes are the same as what America does?! This is just becoming bizarre.