The Politics Thread

• Members

I've said for months now that Ivanka will be the real 1st Lady. Perhaps, she and her husband will also be the Dick Cheney to Trump's Dubya.

Meawhile there is a clusterf*ck going on between Trump and the New York Times over a cancelled interview that he was supposed to do apparently until he got word (because we all know he barely reads) of a news story about Trump's clash with some British wind farmer and decided to break the appointment.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So people are okay with Ivanka and Jared being shadows to the President-elect but went out of their minds when folks suggested the Clintons were a "package deal"? M'kay.

I don't care what Ivanka's like. She obviously is not a moderating voice to her father since he is no better a man, having had two daughters. She also was not elected, she is not married to Trumps so she is not a First Lady, her being in on anything would be in violation of nepotism rules.

Trump's companies should be put in blind trust and Ivanka should go back to selling shoes and dresses.

By the way, Tulsi Gabbard is/was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It was always murky with the Clintons because Hillary was basically billed as co-president or "two for the price of one" when Bill was first running. Then she was downgraded because of backlash. Then the health care stuff started, then she was downgraded again. Then he kept interjecting himself into her 2008 campaign. And the Foundation stuff, although that was mostly media and right wing fed hype, even if there may have been a few things that I don't think were above board. There was never really that type of presentation with Trump because his ego runs the show, even if he clearly leans on her.

It's a double standard, because if Chelsea were all over Hillary's contacts with foreign leaders post-election, there would be calls for imprisonment and impeachment, but I also feel like it's a distraction. It allows him to say "Leave my family alone, wah wah wah," if he wishes, and it also means less time spent focusing on some of the other people who have been backing him and have dangerous views. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/rebekah-mercer-donald-trump-231693

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-transition-heritage-foundation-231722

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Gabbard is an opportunist. A lot of Sanders supporters were claiming that she was progressive just because she endorsed Sanders. The only reason she is a Democrat and adopted some progressive positions is because it's difficult to be elected as a conservative Republican in Hawaii.

• Members

Speaking of the Clintons, as I think many will never be able to quit them - Snopes has a long list (last updated in 2007 I believe but very long, and dusted off again this year) of the people that some on the far right (and likely the far left) claim they have killed. If anyone ever throws any of these names out at you at least you can have a handy guide. 

http://www.snopes.com/monica-petersen-killed/

• Members

Interesting.

My sister was a Bernie supporter before Hillary and her reasons that she took one of those political surveys and scored a slightly higher percentage for Bernie over Hillary. She also thought Hillary wasn't a good candidate in the sense that she had that never ending email saga. She ended up supporting Hillary... saying she also agreed with her views and that Bernie got annoying with his "everything must be FREE" stuff... and she also developed a ton of respect for her after watching her in the debates. And as someone whose seen sexism in the work place, my sister really wanted a woman president.

She was talking about the double standard the other night, beginning with "What if Hillary came up on that convention stage with 5 children from 3 different husbands? She would have been called a slut." Anyway, I'm not really sure what the point of me sharing all of this is, but I guess it's about a Bernie fan turned Hillary supporter. She does think Bernie would have won though against Trump because he's a man and because the stuff against him wouldn't have been as bad in her opinion.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

The bad stuff about Bernie never got discussed. I didn't know until the Newsweek piece about his voting to send Vermont's nuclear waste to a poor Texas town populated mainly by Latinos. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eoin-higgins/what-about-sierra-blanca-bernie_b_9233818.html

And yet, he never had to answer for that. He helped turn a town into Flint and didn't get a single question on it.

• Members

and now Breitbart "news" is PISSED at trump, as well as The Cryptkeeper Ann Coulter, who now feel betrayed he won;t pursue an investigation. I would just love to see the looks on the faces of my conservative friends today when all this news came out. Trump is going to have MUCH MORE than enough trouble trying to run that office and stay out of jail to worry about HRC.