Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Those lawsuits don't matter. He's just using them to fundraise. Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube all say in their terms of use that any lawsuit against them needs to be filed in California. Trump filed in Florida. The suits will get thrown out because of that.

• Members

They're getting a lot of hate from the pundits and press (for posing for selfies, not wearing masks on the plane, having Miller Lite, being seen as hypocrites, etc.) but I guess they know that this is their last chance and some symbolic moment is better than nothing.  

The protests in Cuba have been making a lot of news the last few days. I find the cheerleading from the right wing to be completely hollow and phony, but I'm also not entirely sure how much I believe those who claim the whole thing is just a CIA-backed coup attempt. The people who are desperate to remind us of what a paradise Cuba is rarely seem to have a word to say about the country unless it's to remind us how terrible America is. This isn't the first time reports have come out about how many problems Cuba has (and not just because of a blockade).

I guess it's going to end up going nowhere, like with Venezuela, a situation which only escalated as much as it did because of Trump and the morons around him thought this was their chance to be freedom fighters. 

• Members

I hope that people realize that if we pass the For The People Act it theright wing will immediately file a million lawsuits against it and may actually be able to block parts of it being implemented while it winds its way through the courts. I can see that a lot of people on the left think it's just another magic wand that will magically make everything okay. Which is the same thing a lot of them thought about impeachment. Too many on our side really haven't internalized that there's no finish line in this race.

• Members

I think it's gotten to a point where some people just want to see an attempt at anything beyond a speech. I don't agree with those who blame all Democrats in the Senate, or all "liberals" as a pejorative, but the continued can-kicking and can-kicking, and essentially just asking people to try harder to vote, is incredibly demoralizing. Manchin and Sinema and the others in the Senate who let them do the dirty work are kicking that can all down the road to hell, and dragging us along with them. Even with the infrastructure bill, which was supposed to be easier, Manchin continues to do nothing  but go to the press to complain about "no more free money." They want us to be so proud of them for doing nothing. It's maddening.