Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In the TX-6 special election, Trump endorsed Susan Wright, the widow of Congressman Ron Wright. Jake Ellzey, who sucked up to Trump to no end but did not get his support, is handily winning over her right now. We'll see if this leads any of the cultists to realize they don't have to kiss his ass. 

• Members

I think it was known the race would be competitive, but apparently she was a poorer candidate than some expected. Joe Barton, former Texas Congressman (this is his old seat) and forever friend of BP, came out a few days ago saying Trump wishes he hadn't endorsed her. Trump still cut some campaign stuff with her yesterday, I guess not to lose face. 

I also read that a lot of Democrats and independents are voting for Ellzey just to spite Trump. I think that's a bit foolish as I've heard he is even more extreme than she is, but that's what Trump does to people.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

George P. Bush looks like he's just withering on the vine these days, so to speak.

I'm old enough to remember when some people were fawning all over him, like he were the conservative answer to 'John John', which I didn't understand, as he seemed fairly vacuous to me, with no ideas of his own. I guess he had hoped that he could be one of Orange Menace's favored vacuous politicians. No such luck for him, I guess. He humiliated himself and disparaged his family for nothing. Oh well.

• Members

I remember all the breathless hype around him. The idea was that he was sure to be a star because he was a Bush AND could bring in Hispanic voters. As time has passed, the talking point is now that they don't even need Hispanic candidates because as long as they hate immigrants enough and are socially conservative enough they will get those votes. 

W really rotted away any chance his family had, no matter how many times the media tries to pretend otherwise. 

As shown with the comments of Ellzey this morning, even when you lose, you still end up crediting Trump, so his chokehold continues, but win or lose, P looks pathetic and weak and has no future in the party. 

• Members

It really irks me how so many GOP "youngsters" are lauded as the "Next Great One".  Obama did get media attention after his speech at the 2004 convention but I would hardly call him a youngster and he actually had rock star quality. What on earth do the dead ends like Paul Ryan, Little Marco, and George P Bush have other than the R? I know the Beltway capes for the GOP but honestly none of these future "superstars" have amounted to a thing. Sure Ryan became Speaker and then took the cowards way out and ran away, but Little Marco will no doubt be prepping himself for yet another failed presidential campaign.