Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's a massive undertaking from where Lt. Gov is concerned. Hochul's duties were more along the line of farther upstate, smaller towns, even some rural districts, far away from the nexus of power. She was pretty marginalized (which in the end, helped her avoid the taint of this scandal), so she did not have access to all the "tools" that she would have needed to hit the ground running immediately. Even though she was preparing for the likelihood of taking over the governor's office, like I said, it's a massive undertaking and she will need time to get to learn about key issues, especially downstate ones and gather her own advisors.

So much happening. ICYMI:

We'll see what the House does now, hopefully soon.

• Members

I hate to break it to people but most folks don't care about Andrew Cuomo.   I get he's Governor of NY and has a higher than normal profile, but I can't name one person I know in Illinois who gives a crap.  The media which is primarily centered on the east coast is certainly not reflective of overall opinion. 

As for running again, really? He was going to be impeached. Does anyone believe that he wants that as part of his legacy?  I don't. 

This is not a reflection of anyone here don't take it that way please, but whenever  I read this kind of stuff it gives me less and less respect for the media and press. Most people really don't care about what these people think. It's not like anyone out there is Walter Cronkite.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

When I said on another site that I didn't care about Cuomo, I got accused of supporting him and being a rape apologist. When the truth is that I simply have no opinion of him whatsoever.

As for his accusers, after watching the left try to MeToo Biden TWICE (once with Lucy Flories then again with that crackpot Tara Reade, I decided that I'm not interested in anymore "resign now!" freakouts from people on the left.

• Members

I get what you are saying, but I believe he's so egotistical that he'd run again for some kind of public office. What I can't take is the sheer hypocrisy from the right. I personally know people who are roasting Cuomo on a spit while lauding T**** for the exact same behavior. As someone who has endured both sexual abuse and victim shaming because of it, I feel very sensitive about this story...even more so because these slimy creeps will never serve any time, which is why civil court is the accusers' only recourse. I am glad that some of them are taking that step and I hope they win.

• Members

Cuomo has always been a slimeball and sleazy. The minute the accusations were made,  I don't think many people said "oh no not him". He's not Joe Biden. And I do hope the women who he abused get some recourse.  But overall  can't say I care about Cuomo resigning and  frankly have no idea where and what he would run for. Does he have an ego - oh massive. But none of these people have a clue what Cuomo is going to do. And it's frankly tiresome to hear the same tiresome people in the media talking about it. 

Listen I live in Illinois and how many of our Governors have gone to prison. Yeah some of our leaders did actually pay a price which is one reason I really don't give a crap about Cuomo nor why most people here could care less also. We have Governors in this country literally killing human beings and that's a game but Cuomo is the worst according to them.

• Members

Yes to all of this.   And frankly I have no interest in hearing one person in the press or media talk about this. The NY Times for gods sake demanded he resign but somehow killing 600,000 people and promoting an insurrection - an attempted coup - is not severe enough nor is willingly letting people in your state die for political gain.