Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think the narrative will change about the commission - I think a lot of the narratives are baked in because the media knows that the GOP are favored to win one or both houses of Congress due to cheating and gerrymandering - but seeing godawful Will Saletan (who has been writing "contrarian" and hacky takes at Slate for decades) rush in to treat Rachael Bade as a noble princess  was my last straw. I won't be reading Politico again.

• Members

It ultimately won't matter what the Beltway does if the public doesn't buy it. At the moment, they don't. Given Beltway past practices, they'll grudgingly acknowledge this in 4-6 weeks and immediately move to another story.

• Members

I suppose it's just so dispiriting to me knowing how quickly and successfully the GOP and the media closed ranks even over such a dangerous event. And the only other story getting news is yet more dragging out of the infrastructure (this time the GOP slashing more money for transit).

Here is a Trump White House alum who is advocating for a civil war, and yet I still know the press and nearly half the country would back him up all the way. 

• Members

Not much of a surprise, but still, it's hard not to feel completely crestfallen and frightened over what is to come. Not to mention that, as a few other people have said, how long will the groups who are asked to "out-organize" even want to keep going?

• Members

I saw that media darling Elise Stefanik was having a press conference claiming 1/6 was Pelosi's fault. This "both sides are to blame so let's move on/talking about this is good for Republicans, bad for Democrats" is the spin the press will likely push as they won't want to deal with the ugly reality,, even though it makes no real sense (and if it was her fault, why did the GOP block an investigation?

The testimony is searing, especially the tales of the racial abuse the black officers faced (including one man having 20 people surround him shouting the n word). It also doesn't fit a lot of the media narratives or a lot of the talking points on the left and right that the 1/6 thugs were either Antifa or economically impoverished martyrs, so it will be memory holed.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The cult is not the audience. They can't be moved. The media is the audience as well as the general public, and the media is pretty horrified and not BothSides-ing this testimony, because they can't.

Meanwhile: