Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't buy the idea of the endless NYC screwups being justification of the Georgia voter law that is there to make sure Republicans  can overturn any election result they don't like, and has already led to a number of black election officials being fired without reason.

That tweet reminds me of the recent tweets I've seen on Critical Race Theory and how those who claim to be on the left love to take right wing positions and adopt them in order to show how fair and just they are as individuals, even though this does nothing but aid further fascism and censorship. 

• Members

I was part of that distraction myself - sorry. 

I do think there are huge problems with how New York decides elections, and sadly, the statements from Cuomo or the legislature don't suggest anything will change. 

• Members

Christie also hugged Obama, and Christie was distrusted by the extreme right in a way DeSantis isn't, but I think DeSantis is mostly coasting on an anemic field and not being Trump.

Meanwhile...I don't think these poll results are entirely accurate, but I do think the complete lack of momentum from Senate Democrats is allowing various narratives about Biden and the party not caring to take hold, which will be difficult to shake:

• Members

It's going to take real work. The only silver lining of the SCOTUS decision is that it's backing the increasingly-small segment of the Senate Dems who'd prefer to do nothing into a corner. I do think the work will get done, imperfectly but substantially.

Meanwhile, "Gettr" continues to take the world by storm:

Also:

• Members

Many people tried to discount Yellen's ability to achieve this but this is definitely because of Yellen that this is happening.

And it's not a good look for the dissenting countries, as it signals their willingness to function as veritable tax havens for shady businesses.