The Politics Thread

• Members

Maybe my opinion leans too much one way but from what I've read, it seems like many Burmese are not too concerned with the fate of the Rohingya, only as far as it makes the country look bad but among the exiled Myanmar community there seems to be an acknowledgement that the treatment of the Rohingya has been poor.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why do I feel like stories such as this are designed to make me feel bad for folks who have only themselves to blame?  It isn't as if no one had any clue as to who MTG was or what she was about before she was elected.  All you had to do was take a glance at her social media accounts to know she was a total loon.  Yet, GOP voters in GA decided she was the one for them; and now, they're having voters' remorse?  Again, why should I feel sorry for them and their idiotic decisions?  You made your bed, as Erica Kane once said, now writhe in it!

• Members

Blizzard conditions where I live, which reminds me of previous years when children in Washington DC would sled off of Capitol Hill area. Now because of the insurrection, children won't be able to do that this year. I guess the pandemic might have reduced the numbers, but the security concerns have really put the kibosh on any possibility of it happening.

• Members

It's too bad about the sledding, I agree.

This isn't a political tweet but i just love seeing some joy in DC.

The National Mall is open and people are observing the mandate that masks must be worn on federal property.

Edited by janea4old