The Politics Thread

• Members

His political future in the GOP is finished but he  will land somewhere. Some of the left applauded him for the doing the right thing at the certification of the Electoral College when he was just doing his job. When Trump decides to run again  for President  in 2024 (I'm going on the assumption that he not going to be convicted and is still alive), Ivanka is probably going to be his running mate. It's rumored that she's going to run for Senator in Florida in 2022.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The GOP are doing what they always do with extremists - they are taking Marjorie Taylor Greene's money and harnessing her following, while going to the media to pretend they are concerned. And the media, which always needs to believe the best of them, nods along.

Speaking of that, I still keep wondering if Manchin and Sinema will force some kind of bare bones "bipartisan" package and refuse to do anything else. 

I know a lot of people hate AOC, feel she is overdramatic, attention-seeking, etc. but I'm glad she shut down Ted Cruz's naked attempt to pivot to, "Look, everyone can agree, so forget the riot Ted Cruz helped foment ever happened!" Ted Cruz thrives on being a partisan, and no amount of phony "can't we all just get along" posturing should ever erase the damage he has done over the last decade. If he weren't so embarrassingly and obviously self-loathing and eager for approval, I can't imagine how much worse his effects would have been on this country.