Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Whatever the initial threshold number this issue remains, which is why I'm for lowering it. They aren't going to give it to everyone. The optics of that would be a killer. At the same time, it's far from a hill I would die on. I'd rather see lower income people get it than get stuck on a cut off number. I would say that if people were making $300,000 in 2019 and now need a $1,400 stimulus check, they are poor money managers though.

And yes, I've seen the idea of figuring it all out at tax time in the press. I wouldn't argue with that because we all know people who don't have the sense to save no matter how much they make, but like I said that would be an impossible sell, imo.

• Members

People got way, way too into the family dramas of the Conways last year, many forgetting that these are sick grifters, and that Claudia Conway was not a sassy social media "kween," but a very troubled young woman stuck with terrible parents. I hope some of them now regret getting so involved, and I hope Claudia can get the hell out of that house. 

• Members

Well George *seems* to have some integrity (Lincoln Project, etc). 

The Lincoln Project people are still Republicans and I imagine I would very much disagree with them about a lot of things, but all I've seen is their anti-Trump stuff.

I just don't understand why George stays married to Kellyanne.

• Members

Re: Patrick Leahy, senior Democrat senator from Vermont, who is now president pro temp of Senate and will preside over impeachment trial:

NEW: according to a statement from Leahy's spokesperson ...

Leahy wasn't feeling well this evening (Tues Jan 26) and was examined by the attending physician, who recommended ("as an abundance of caution") that he go to the hospital for observation  -- which is where he is now, and is being evaluated.

Edited by janea4old