Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I hope that there will be counseling services made available for these families. Making them whole again (or at least the attempt to) entails more than reunification, although this is obviously an important start.

From what I am seeing, Speaker Pelosi's letter is having some impact. Folks seem to be coming for McCarthy right now. The Q-CA label was a masterstroke.

• Members

A lot of spin seems to be focusing on how the GOP is not that extreme because they did not boot Liz Cheney, and how the Democrats are going too far and now Republicans will boot progressives from committees if they win the House back. And "unity" talk. Media spin 101. Hopefully people don't buy it. MTG is so repulsive, and lacking in any of Trump's brand of toxic charisma, I am not sure if she will be made into as big a celebrity/martyr as some are claiming, but they will certainly try.

• Members

It was elements in the GOP screaming for Liz Cheney's head, not Democrats though. That's an internecine war, that looks to already been won by the most extreme elements. All Democrats should do is focus on their/Potus Joe's agenda and prosecute the case at the impeachment trial. So far, they seem fairly focused.

That's what it looks like to most people, I would believe.

Also, MTG is not even being expelled, she is being removed from a couple of committees. I'm not even sure that most Americans know what this entails-most would probably see a committee seat as a privilege anyway.

• Members

Cheney retained her leadership position through secret ballot. That probably would have turned out different under a vote on the record. Trump would be convicted if the Senate could vote on impeachment in secret.

Losing committee assignments is very serious. As a member of Congress you are nothing without committees, because that is where most of the work occurs.

• Members

Here is Nancy Mace, yet another media darling breathlessly hyped as Reasonable and The Future, peddling into the increasingly sick and dangerous hatred the GOP has for AOC.

No matter how many times people tell you that Republicans in Congress can be good and pure, it's a lie. They will kick you just as hard as Matt Gaetz or Louis Gohmert or any of that ilk. The only difference is they will wait to do it 5 minutes later and half-heartedly try to make a sad face.

• Members

Fear mongering The Squad is the only way they can raise money. The only GOPer I have any remote respect for is Kinzinger. He's a lot like Justin Amash who policy-wise I disagree with on everything but at least stands by some level of principle. Doesn't make them perfect by any means. She's just another opportunist void of ideas and courage. And she won't vote to ban Greene from any committees just watch. Just like she didn't vote for impeachment based on "process". As far as I am concerned that was when you knew she was just another phony.

Edited by JaneAusten