The Politics Thread

• Members

Usually, I've went in to vote. It is literally me walking out my door and turn a corner and I'm there.

However, my anixety has really been growing a lot lately with a lot of things politics AND Co-Vid related, that I would like the peace of mind knowing that I put my vote in so I'm seriously considering early voting, figuring out where it is at, what local issues we have going on here in San Diego. So I'm waiting for my booklet. Which mail services (One of my jobs is in dealing with postal service) has started to improve again so I expect my booklet will get here on Friday for me to decide over the weekend how I will do things. 

ETA...You and your family sound like mine. lol. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

On October 7, 2016, (four years ago today).  the 2005 Access Hollywood tapes were released.  On that day in 2005, Trump was arriving on the Access Hollywood bus to the Days of our Lives set, to tape a cameo for an episode.  He bragged about trying to f*ck one woman, and he said stuff about what he wanted to do with another. He made remarks about his entitlement to grab women by the pu_ssy, etc etc.  And it was a lot worse than what I just typed.

That tape was released 10/07/2016.  But Trump still won the 2016 election.

Lesson: DO NOT ASSUME that Trump's current scandals will make him lose the 2020 election.

Thank you to everyone who is voting, and please continue encouraging everyone you know to VOTE!

Edited by janea4old

• Members

WHY hasn't anyone taken away his phone/sedated him/handcuffed (and footcuffed) him to a chair/put him in a straitjacket? WHY is everyone in the WH so cowed by him? WHY is everyone falling on their swords for him? WHY?????

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/07/politics/trump-oval-office-coronavirus/index.html

• Members

Let's hope and pray that he doesn't get away with it again this time. Still, 2020 is not 2016. We weren't dealing with a pandemic that was claiming hundreds of thousands of lives, tanking the economy and changing schooling for kids everywhere while Obama didn't lift a finger to help. Sadly, also lots of people are indifferent to sexual harassment/assault, and in 2016 we were still a year away from the #metoo movement blowing up. Still, Teflon Don never seems to pay for anything.

Edited by amybrickwallace