Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So we are where we always were - nothing happening, McConnell and Trump never planning to do anything, but the media happily chasing its own tail and ignoring many other more serious problems because their Republican overlords dangle doggy treats. I'm sure they're satisfied with themselves, but maybe now they can move on to actually caring about the people. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I wonder how much the reports that their money is going into the pockets of grifters and the dealers of grifters also affected their choices. 

They used this argument in 2016, and it worked. I just hope people don't fall for it this time. I have no patience with "we need divided government because then everyone will work together!" people. Unfortunately, that is Beltway 101, so expect a lot of gushing press pieces extolling this idea.

Speaking of that, I have no idea why Tom Davis, who accomplished nothing of value in office and worked under some of the most repulsive figures ever in Congress (Tom DeLay, Dennis Hastert) continues to be trotted out. Get some new cocktail party friends, people. 

• Members

We're up to 5.5 million votes now. We're looking at more than a million votes cast per day now and that's going to blow up after 10/15 when a bunch more states start voting.

Thanks for the pics from your trip to the polls. I was planning to vote Friday but I'm still fighting some sort of (non-COVID) respiratory bug. Standing in line for hours and coughing up a storm would get me so many dirty looks. I'm hoping for Monday.

As for the reports of Trump going to the Oval, from here on out I'm ignoring any reporting about Trump's health or him working. My theory is that he's really sick but his henchman are trying to downplay it and tripping over their own incompetence. No reporting matters unless we see him.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Just outta curiosity, how are people on this board voting? Mail-in? Early? Day of?  

I'm [unfortunately] a Wisconsinite now, so I feel very protective of my vote and am going to vote in person on Nov. 3rd.  My husband (who LIED to me and said he voted in 2016 but didn't... though we were living in Hillary-lovin' Chicago at the time) is voting by mail. My sister, who never gets into politics, registered to vote for the first time in her life to help flip WI back to blue, and her husband (who voted Trump in 2016 but quickly regretted it), is doing his part to get WI back to blue too. But anyhow, I just don't want any funky business happening and want to cast it in person versus mail-in. 

• Members

I live in Illinois and there are zero problems here in general. I was going to do vote by mail and I got my ballot and we have drop off boxes for mail in ballots at all the early voting sites.I changed my mind and I will early vote. We started in the state 2 weeks ago but Cook County doesn't start until today. And early voting is not more widespread here until October 19th where early voting will be available across most communities in the county. I actually thought about early voting today but hey I can wait. It takes time for the judges a little extra time to cancel out the Vote by Mail ballot so I can vote realtime and I'd rather the people waiting now should have first dibs.