Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think they still believe Trump could win, as the talking points are still going out (the latest being attempts to revive the narrative about black and Hispanic voters abandoning Democrats), but they are now in a win-win position, because even if he loses, he's leaving the country in ruins, and they know the press and the public will blame Democrats, the way they always do.

Cultists - the Q people will be in full force, and they are increasingly dangerous. 

• Members

Any thoughts on what's happening in Belarus?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53796436

Watching Lukashenko being booed when trying to make a speech takes me back to 1989 and the tumultuous events in eastern Europe. I'm sure those images flashes before Lukashenko's eyes as well.....

I wonder if he will be able to hang on to his power? I guess it depends on how Russia reacts. I doubt that Putin is happy with all of this. It endangers his own position.

• Members

@I Am A Swede I posted a little about this a week ago or so.

IMO with Lukashenko being in office for damn near a quarter-century, the only person he can turn to, at this point, is Putin who has had 20 years in higher office in some capacity. Putin may not like it but, as you inferred, if Lukashenko goes down, it might raise hopes, particularly for those Russians in the Far East who have already been protesting.

• Members

Trump is probably going to do his pathetic shell game about the post office, putting out a meaningless EO while he and his supporters cast the Democrats as ineffectual and uncaring. I just hope people don't fall for it if that happens. I just wish Republicans could lose the Senate because even if Biden does win,  the Senate is blocking any change. 

• Members

Eva Longoria was featured in several classic episodes of Y&R this summer as the villain character Isabella Braña.

She is doing the first speech to introduce the start of the Democratic Convention Mon Aug 17th at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time.
Most of the convention will be virtual.

schedule for the week:
https://www.demconvention.com/schedule-and-speakers/

The parts that are 9-11pm EDT Mon-Thurs will be televised.

How to watch the convention:
https://www.demconvention.com/watch-the-convention/

Edited by janea4old